RE: RE; Aren't All Nudists Exhibitionists or Voyeurs

Bump!

This post was edited
I agree but remember

like any "body" of people, there will always be the exception that can do more harm than so many more who are just. The vast majority of nudists fit this eloquent discription but all we need is one "pervert" affecting one new nudist and we've lost them. Look at priests, look at the very rare homosexual "boy scout leader".

This post was edited
RE: Arent all naturists/nudists voyeurs and exhibitionists?

PERFECTLY SAID NUDERUNR.

This post was edited

I totally agree, I am fairly new to nudism, although aways loved the feeling of no clothes, especially while swimming. I think this topic can get tricky, I have found that even in a textile situation, voyuresim and or exhibitionism, is still happenening, but society sees it in a different light. when you tell someone you are a nudist, they automatically think, omg what a freak! However i do believe that some of us as nudists just enjoy the human body, as long as it isnt crossing any lines in a sexual manner. But stop and think about going into a textile bar, arent there couples how are dancing errotically or making out and touching each other, who can honestly say they have not seen that? But as soon as the word nudism comes into play most uneducated people will assume it is a dirty and sexual. Ihave always been a little on the "wild" side if you will, however i am talking in a textile environment, or a nude environment. I do not cross any sexual boundries textile or not! I think those of us who are educated on nudism are less judgmental, and just truly enjot the freedom of nudism.

This post was edited

The answer is NO! Speaking for myself (and who else can I speak for?) I am a nudist! That is, I love being nude. I also love being with people who don't mind that I'm not wearing any clothes. If they are also nude, that's fine too. I am not an exhibitionist because I do not cavort nude in front of people who may be offended by my nudity. Nor I am not a voyeur because I do not receive any sexual gratification from seeing other nudists' bodies. Making general, blanket statements can be very risky. I have just proved that ALL naturists/nudists ARE NOT voyeurs and/or exibitionists.

This post was edited

The crux of this question is the definition of those two words. I like to see others at a nude beach or whatnot and the female body is intrinsically beautiful to see. But I don't stare and I don't have to turn over with an awkward erection. Nudity, per se, is not necessarily erotic. I have NO issues with body piercings, wherever. I have no issues with kissing a friend goodbye at a nudist venue. (I was told to behave when just saying a simple goodbye to a female friend in a Tampa resort. We were, of course, NOT open mouthed or enjoying prolonged kissing.) I have no problems with a clothed couple smooching on the dance floor either, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. As said a couple of posts back, we need to be tolerant and relax among ourselves as to regular human behaviour. Gawking and leering and public self pleasuring are for losers (who I am astonished want to proclaim their losership to the world) and at Brighton or anywhere else should be loudly outed and chased off. Similarly, I like to be seen but only because it helps me to know I am really okay with it, relaxed and part of a community. It would be interesting if there were some blind nudists here who could chime in. I'd like to hear their thoughts on nudity and being part of a social nude gathering.

This post was edited

Canoodler makes a lot of sense in his comments. Though this is meaningless for people with deeply-held quasi-religious beliefs. Puritanical nudists see evil and vice everywhere, yet have no sense of human nature. An old story with different characters.

This post was edited

I really like ur post nuderunr

This post was edited

Nudists are as different from each other as every other category of person. I am quite sure there are some nudists who are voyeurs, some who are exhibitionists and some who are neither. What is important is that nobody does anything to upset / offent others.

This post was edited

Being new to lifestyle, my wife and I got great advice from a friend and owner of a local resort. He said, "people who are interested innudist activities enjoy seeing others nude, being seen nude, or both." It's ok to enjoy the beauty in nudity and friendships that is unique among nudist.

This post was edited