Arent all naturists/nudists voyeurs and exhibitionists?

I live in a clothing optional community and am nude all the time except when I have to dress to go to town for shopping and other errands. I am quite comfortable nude and that is why I spend most of my time nude. I do not consider myself to be an exhibitionist because my intent is not to shock or offend other people like a flasher. Here my neighbors are nude themselves and could care less if I am nude or dressed. I do not consider myself to be a voyeur as the reason I live here is not so I can look at naked people. Here nudity is the norm and the way l and my neighbors live. We are not looking for sexual excitement we just enjoy being able to go around without uncomfortable clothing on.

This post was edited
RE: Simple answer...no they're not

Edited out. Spammer is now gone.

This post was edited
RE: Simple answer...no they're not

Another great post for the newbie!

This post was edited
RE: The Shadow of Your Nakedness

This is an interesting exchange and I think it's important. I think we have to hear the voices that talk about the "shadow side" of nudism: the lurkers, the voyeurs, those that exploit and victimize the innocent. I think we should never be too naive about what "could" happen out there in "naked-naked-land".

And yet, I think that NudeRunr has saidsomething pretty important when he writes,

While the behavior may appear similar, exhibitionists and nudists are worlds apart. A nudist or naturist is an individual who enjoys living as much as possible in the nude. It is the sensuality, not the sexuality of being nude that nudists celebrate; the feel of the sun and elements on bare skin. Nudists do not gain sexual gratification from being nude; it is simply their most comfortable state. Nudists do not impose their bareness on others but choose venues such as naturist resorts or nude beaches where they can enjoy being nude without being observed by those who might be offended by nudity.

The more we hear such positive expressions about naked living, and the more we are able to live up to the ideals (and it is an idealistic, but not unrealistic, thing that NudRnr makes a case for) the more and the sooner we'll be able to live in a world that has more places for healthy, honest, social recreation that is nude recreation.

Thanks for your work and for your way of expressing your conclusions, NudeRunr!

Badger

This post was edited
RE: The Shadow of Your Nakedness

While the behavior may appear similar, exhibitionists and nudists are worlds apart. A nudist or naturist is an individual who enjoys living as much as possible in the nude. It is the sensuality, not the sexuality of being nude that nudists celebrate; the feel of the sun and elements on bare skin. Nudists do not gain sexual gratification from being nude; it is simply their most comfortable state. Nudists do not impose their bareness on others but choose venues such as naturist resorts or nude beaches where they can enjoy being nude without being observed by those who might be offended by nudity.

Excellent stating the facts about nudism. There is nothing like feeling the sun and breeze on your bare skin. That doesn't sexually arouse me.

This post was edited
RE: Nudists are not all as pure and wholesome as you might otherwise proselytise...

I think Canoodler hit it on the head. I think most people are exactly like he said weather they would like to admit it

This post was edited
RE: Arent all naturists/nudists voyeurs and exhibitionists?

Nuderuner, like all of your posts, this is VERY well said. Are you in politics or with some...what's the word I'm looking for...those people who go after politicians trying to....lobbiest! Hehe...don't mind my brain, anyways, would you be anything like that by chance? Because you should consider it. There are not many people online who can express thier views as clearly and eloquently than what I've seen from you. Aaanyways, don't stop too suddenly or you might get my nose up your butt. lol....Back to the original post, I don't think there's too much that I can add, you've kind of said it all. I do think that it will take many years of constant advising to the general public about our way of life in order to wipe out generations of anti-nude sentiment. I think we are getting there slowly but surely, however with people like you representing our community it will go even quicker I'm sure!
Nuderunr, considering the posts on the NRA, this one and all of the others, we would like you to be our unofficial lobbyist for nudism.
Well thank you so much for your kind words! Actually I have become so convinced of the value of wholesome social nudity and nude recreation: mentally, socially and health wise that I actually am contemplating how I might do more to serve as a positive advocate for it.

You can always run for public office. We can always use more nudists in government. OR....if you're a member of AANR, you can always run for a position at the national or regional level.
:) Cheri

This post was edited
responding at 4am

I think it is natural for everyone to want to see the differences in other peoples bodies. The human body is facinating and no two are 100% the same. In a way we are all scientists who want to study the wold around us so I see nothing wrong with wanting to see other humans as well. I don't think that is called voyerism. That is a term that is suposed to only be applied to folks who get aroused or get off on the sneakyness or hiding, or unawearness of the whole thing. I think it a better idea to have permission to look and if you are in a social nude setting i believe permission to look is implied since we all should know that it is natural to look at a human being as opposed to the background since our eyes are naturally drawn to living or moving things. That much we are so we will want to look. Don't you all think the human body is facinating or beautiful? If we didn't look where would we be in medical advances anyway? In some cases we can't see ourselves and need help like for a PAP smear or a bad bug bite on our backs or something. If i had a bee on my head you all better tell me! Those little suckers could kill me.
The world does need to know the difference between us and the people who get off on bothering others in one way or another for whatever sexual pleasure. Nudists are also human and sexual beings but that is not always why we like to be nude. Being nude may make certian activities easier between couples or easier to swim or sweat in a steam room but really we are nude just to be nude for whatever reason we want to be. Their is a certian level of happines that can be gained by being seen by others nude, it can boost our self esteme if they see us and are not repulsed by the sight. I think that is healthy but it doesn't make us exhibitionist. That word is for those who are rude to others by trying to get aroused by the shock value of their exposure.It is great to be close to nature and feel the sun and not have to wear a stupid bathing suit in the pool. Those things are as bad as heals and panty hose.
I am tired, I hope i made my point well anyway. You all have many great things to say on the subject. This is a great debate and I actually agree with almost all of you. The origional post i will be sharing with a new friend of mine as well as a few other points made that point out the flip side of the issue. Both are good points to be made and I can see two good topic issues that came from all this chat of ours so thank you to all of you.

This post was edited
RE: responding at 4am

I think it is natural for everyone to want to see the differences in other peoples bodies. The human body is facinating and no two are 100% the same. In a way we are all scientists who want to study the wold around us so I see nothing wrong with wanting to see other humans as well. I don't think that is called voyerism. That is a term that is suposed to only be applied to folks who get aroused or get off on the sneakyness or hiding, or unawearness of the whole thing. I think it a better idea to have permission to look and if you are in a social nude setting i believe permission to look is implied since we all should know that it is natural to look at a human being as opposed to the background since our eyes are naturally drawn to living or moving things. That much we are so we will want to look. Don't you all think the human body is facinating or beautiful? If we didn't look where would we be in medical advances anyway? In some cases we can't see ourselves and need help like for a PAP smear or a bad bug bite on our backs or something. If i had a bee on my head you all better tell me! Those little suckers could kill me. The world does need to know the difference between us and the people who get off on bothering others in one way or another for whatever sexual pleasure. Nudists are also human and sexual beings but that is not always why we like to be nude. Being nude may make certian activities easier between couples or easier to swim or sweat in a steam room but really we are nude just to be nude for whatever reason we want to be. Their is a certian level of happines that can be gained by being seen by others nude, it can boost our self esteme if they see us and are not repulsed by the sight. I think that is healthy but it doesn't make us exhibitionist. That word is for those who are rude to others by trying to get aroused by the shock value of their exposure.It is great to be close to nature and feel the sun and not have to wear a stupid bathing suit in the pool. Those things are as bad as heals and panty hose. I am tired, I hope i made my point well anyway. You all have many great things to say on the subject. This is a great debate and I actually agree with almost all of you. The origional post i will be sharing with a new friend of mine as well as a few other points made that point out the flip side of the issue. Both are good points to be made and I can see two good topic issues that came from all this chat of ours so thank you to all of you.
Well put. Thanks

This post was edited
RE; Aren't All Nudists Exhibitionists or Voyeurs

Being new to the 'lifestyle' I feel like I need to chime in here...So far I have managed to embarass myself and my girlfriend at a nude beach and I am still shy with 'public nudity', guess sometime in the future I will get over that, but we all came into this world naked and it seems only right that we as responsible adults should have the right to exercise that aspect of our inherent natures.
The anti-nudity sentiment I believe comes from the hammering of puritanical religions and maniacally moronic lawmakers and we as a collective group are either shunned or overlooked in the grand scheme of things and that is just wrong!
While it is true that there is a small segment of the population OUT THERE that are nothing more than degenerates, and THOSE degenerates seem to have sway over the law just because of their 'proclivities' then we as a collective group have to suffer and that is just wrong.
Frankly, I appreciate the human body in ALL of it's forms...regardless...and while nudity may be the first step to love making,(ostensibly so)ALL of us need to be mindful and very circumspect in ourACTIONS and our words at all times IF we are to be accepted and respected for our 'lifestyle'. IF ALL of us were REALLY honest we would admit to certain miniscule thrill when seeing or being seen and miniscule is the OPERATIVE word there.
I know that I have probably opened a can of worms here, but those are just my thoughts...have a GREAT Day everybody!

This post was edited