Fire Island

Any Fire Island fans in here?

This topic was edited
RE: Fire Island

Fire Island? Haven't heard of it? Where is it?

This post was edited

It is on Long Island, NY, in Robert Moses State Park. I don't believe it is a nude beach in the legal sense, but it is completely accepted as clothing optional.
I think of it like a smaller Gunnison Beach.

This post was edited

Although we've been to Robert Moses State Park, we've never been to the C/O beach there. We're interested infinding out where, exactly, it is. Although further for us than Gunnison, it is a beautiful park and well worth the drive.

This post was edited

I go to Lighthouse beach on Fire island and it is an official nude beach with signs posted

This post was edited
Robert Moses - great place to get that all over tan

Looking to connect with Robert Moses fans.

This post was edited
RE: Robert Moses - great place to get that all over tan

As Stan Smith from American Dad says "A whole island made out of fire? How manly!"

This post was edited

Lighthouse Beach located on the west end of Fire Island (in the Robert Moses State Park) is in fact an official nude or C/O beach. The section of the beach is located on federal land which is why it is an "official" nude beach. Bottom line is that it is a wonderful relatively small beach. I have been there a few times and each time found it to not be crowded , although I have not been there on weekends. You can google it for exact location, but also check out the TN group , https://www.truenudists.com/group/2074/, for more info. Also, SB I am surprised to hear you say that it is further for you than Gunnison - I am near Stamford, CT and it would take me about 20 minutes longer to get to Gunnison, and to boot its only about a 10 minute walk from the parking lot !

This post was edited

Lighthouse Beach is a great CO beach here on Long Island. I've been there many time both in summer and enjoying it int he winter. Lots of friendly locals go there and many Travasun members visit there. I usually go during the week so I'm not sure what it's like on the weekends. I've always felt safe and never had any problems there although there are the gawkers that you would get at any location such as this. I would highly recommend a visit. Try the offical Lighthouse Beach website for more information and directions.

This post was edited

Hello,I'm heading to New York in September, and wondering if FireIsland would be any good to visit. Just looking to hand nude for a couple of days, meet some locals...
Any advice on what else in New York would be great.

This post was edited

Long Island Travasuns regularly has gatherings there in the summer and indoor swims scheduled in the winter months. They also have a listserv

This post was edited