Face pic recognition software

Read this article and decide which pics to post on a website.
https://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20088456-281/face-matching-with-facebook-profiles-how-it-was-done/

This topic was edited
RE: Face pic recognition software

Ahhhh.... but the new twist to all of this sensitivity related to showing your face now becomes critical in the info age. In the past the risk was constrained by manual surfing for pics and relationships, website memberships and other places where a photo might be included. (Don't forget that your newer driver's license pics are all in a national database, as well.)
Electronic searching and linking of face pics means that now you can be easily found and identified in any database for virtually all websites, e.g. Facebook and TN. Does this seem like a new risk to you? Anyone? The simple association of TN and Facebook membership might be a ramification that many people are not prepared for. Welcome to the 21st Century, my friends. Hope you enjoy the ride. :) :) :)

This post was edited

i'm in school for criminal justice and learning a lot...anyways, in our text books, face recognition software is been around more than a couple years now. so FYI it,s not new.
That is probably true, but it was used by the authorites for genuine reasons; it is only recently that a well known social networking site began using it for entirely spurious reasons.

This post was edited

i'm in school for criminal justice and learning a lot...anyways, in our text books, face recognition software is been around more than a couple years now. so FYI it,s not new.
That is probably true, but it was used by the authorites for genuine easons; it is only recently that a well known social networking site began using it for entirely spurious reasons.

I was going to describe that as the beginning of the end....
...let's face it though; the ned began quite some time ago....it's just proceeding slowly, but no less steadily.

This post was edited
Face recognition

Privacy mavicy, what in the hell is it? We are nudist and proud of it, we do not try to hide it. The only thing that we would not like is that someone take our photos and use them for themselves or portray us in derogatory maner. You will not find any photos of us hiding behind some kind of a mask to keep us from being recognized. I am naked, live naked and feel free for doing it!

This post was edited
RE: Face recognition

I realized long ago to stop clinging to the myth of privacy.

This post was edited

bump

This post was edited