The Appalachian Trail

Did anyone hike naked on the Appalachian Trail this year?
Summer Solstice used to be the day for naked hikes on the AT ... and it was not considered unsusal for hikers on the trail be naked.
I heard that the Forest Service was actively discouraging the practice, though.
Just wondering if there are any updates ... ?
Badger

This topic was edited
RE: The Appalachian Trail

I don't know about you guys but when it comes to hiking in the mountains nude, I keep thinking about the movie Deliverance. We have a place in North Carolina and have thought of hiking nude but just can't get pass that thought. Maybe since I would be alone it bothers me more.
Deliverance was a movie? I must be a redneck I thought it was a documentary?

This post was edited

It would have to be with a group. And where do I put my sidearm?

This post was edited

I did hike part of the Appalachian Trail nude this year, here in Virginia. Did not get out on Summer Solstice though. If I remember correctly, it fell on a work day. But I did get out shortly thereafter.
I've never had any issues or troubles hiking nude on the AT. Once, I came across two people on the trail. Both were clothed. One just said hi, smiled, and kept on walking. The other stopped and chatted me up for a good 5 minutes.

This post was edited

Ah, NudeInMa, I wondered where Florida mosquitoes came from originally! Any other states have the mosquito as the state bird?Coming to you from Louisiana here...you must not have ever visited my swampy home state. The mosquitos will suck you dry before you know what hit you. :/

This post was edited

The mosquitos will suck you dry before you know what hit you. :/Have them here, we call them Tax Collectors.

This post was edited