Is there a way to disable the new Updates??

I can't stand the new Updates section, I only care to hear about what my chosen Friends are doing, NOT what everyone on their friends list are saying or doing as well! Would appreciate if anyone can tell me how I can disable all that and only see what my Friends are doing again, the way it used to be?

Also, the Hide feature doesn't do much and that really is a huge pain to have to go down the list clicking on that for all this unwanted garbage I'm getting from other people I don't care to hear from at all (some of these people need to realize they are broadcasting to a lot more people than just their intended recipient.....) That isn't an adequate solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

This topic was edited
RE: Is there a way to disable the new Updates??

Doesn't appear to be an alternative.
It appears that the objective was a very facebook-ish appearance, much as some of us dislike that, and that appears to have been accomplished.

This post was edited

I know that I miss the old home page also!! In fact I miss the old site a lot!! There are some nice things about the new site, but the old site was easier to find to use!!! Like the notifications. How do you turn it off!!

This post was edited

I thought of ONE solution......eliminate ALL friends onmy profile! hahaha But, I do agree, I don't want to know when one of my so-called friends ADDS someone else or joins a group or farts or pisses.... oh well, I may try the NO FRIENDS way if it continues this way. Or is that too drastic of an action? LOL

This post was edited

I believe that TT1 is up to his eye balls trying to manage all the crap that he created by going to this new format. He might eventually manage to do it but in the mean time we have to endure the garbage. If you think we have it bad, pity poor TT1 who is wading his way through this mess, and offer a prayer for TT2 who is probably catching hell, through no fault of her own,for this fiasco.

This post was edited

I thought of ONE solution......eliminate ALL friends onmy profile!I'm thinking of deleting everyone on my friends list also, to eliminate the problems with the updates.

Tho I said that in joking... I did try to "HIDE" those updates of members on my friends list, just to see what would happen. Well, to MY suprise------------they all remained HIDDEN except for the 2 that I didn't HIDE!
Yepppppppiiii !!! Has anyone else tried the "HIDE" option on theirs? Just wondering...have a great evening!

This post was edited

I can't get the Hide option to work either.

This post was edited

* Adding to the updates the usernames of who has joined one of the groups to which we belong.* Also adding when a new post has been made to one of the groups, or alternately adding a flag (e.g., a different color for the group name) to the groups list to mark those with new posts.Love these 2 ideas.

YOU lost me there! Have no idea what you're talking about.... I get lost really easy! LOL

This post was edited

I agree with the comments re the similarity of the new site to Facebook, but with FB you can go into your settings and have only friends post on your page, thereby eliminating all the friends of friends. I've tried that with the new TN site but it doesn't appear to have that facility. Oh well fingers crossed maybe when it's been tweaked a bit...............

This post was edited

Hitting the screen with a hammer can sometimes get rid of unwanted updates.
(21)

This post was edited