Harbin Hot Springs

Would like to hear your experiences on Harbin Hot Springs. Would also like to hear from anybody who lives in Southern California and goes to Harbin.

This topic was edited
RE: Harbin Hot Springs

I stayed there a few days a few years ago. I actually enjoyed it.
I like being on a property where you can be naked anyplace you go (except the community kitchen: to ensure sanity around food preparation, the place asks that you wear at least a wrap -- to which I complied, but, needless to say, minimally) ... as I was saying, I like being on a property where you can be naked anywhere, but you're not required to be.
The focus is much more yoga practice and spiritual growth than on being naked ... To be naked is just a happy coincidence of the place.
Naked Badger

This post was edited

I lived in Lake Co, Calif for a number of years and always enjoyed Harbin. Large outdoor hot pools, sauna, steam room and an extremely hot volcanic hot pool. Hugh areas dedicated to wathsu, nude sun bathing, hiking, meditation, wonderful massages, classes and workshops. Several levels of overnight accommodations, from tent to hostel to large cabins. Lots of off-site activities for day trips and adventures to Calistoga, Napa Valley and Clear Lake. Great place to visit.

This post was edited

Would like to hear your experiences on Harbin Hot Springs. Would also like to hear from anybody who lives in Southern California and goes to Harbin.My wife and I went many years ago - camped there - we didn't know that you could go nude anywhere so we walked from our campsite clothed to the hot tubs area, but then were nude there and in the communal showers etc. we liked it.

This post was edited

Five years ago Harbin Hot Springs was a total loss as the entire property burned in the 2015 Valley fire here in California. Theyve been rebuilding and reopened in early 2019 with three pools. Today they have eight pools, a restaurant, cottages, and other accommodations for overnight guests, as well as many hiking trails reopened etc on their 1,700 acres. They are continuing to rebuild with more accommodations and other facilities. Even though they are not a nudist resort but are a retreat center they are very much clothing optional. COVID has changed some of their operations with some facilities like their sauna being closed and food service is outdoor. But they are still very much open since they got the okay from the state and county to reopen July 1.

We have not been there before. However, for our anniversary, my wife and I have decided to go this coming Tuesday! Unfortunately due to other commitments we are just going for the day. I spoke with their front desk people today to check a couple things because Im currently using crutches get around and they assured me parking would be convenient and all the new facilities are ADA compliant. They also wanted to make sure I knew it was clothing optional to which I said great, is it more nude or clothed and he said very much in the majority are nude.

Im looking forward to Tuesday and will report back here afterwards!

This post was edited