Photo Contest Idea

h1What would you all think about having a photo contest, for fun,here on TN? Not sure how it would work logistical, but I am sure if there was enough interest someone here could figure it out. I was thinking we could have photos in several categories (couples, singles, professional, amateur...)
Post your thought here so that eveyone could see them.
/h1

This topic was edited
RE: Photo Contest Idea

Hi!
Sorry to say but I am somewhat opposed to the photocontest idea. I guess indirectly there is contest already going on and those pics in profiles that get most comments are most popular, at least among the contingency of members who like to comment on pics. Otherwise I would take this is far too heterogenous community to successfully organise a photo contest, as well as classification of categories and defining types of photos that would qualify is complicated - and there is always the sex factor as well. Not that ia contest would be a bad idea in general, just Truenudists may not be the best environment for it.
TravelNudie aka Aki

This post was edited

I think it's a fine idea. Nothing wrong with making some categories and then posting in the photo contest group. Anyone could comment or vote and as long as it's not too competitive (mostly for fun). What are your thoughts on categories?

This post was edited

There are a number of photographic groups already established here on TN. Perhaps you can join those groups and get the idea going, that way, you'd appeal to all those who are photographically inclined, and there are even ways to post pics in forums within those groups. This may be an answer to both of the responses already posted; not involving the entire site, and also addressing specifically those that are interested in participating.....Just a thought.

This post was edited
RE: My ideas how to do it easily - couple of points

And, I think clear should be that without informative caption, no participation.

This post was edited
Photo Contest

Thank you to everybody who posted a comment on this subject. I did look at Flicker and agree that it is a cool site but the "lack of security" comes to mind. We have some real talent on this site and we are here for one common goal (well most of us)and that is why I think it should be limited to members of TN.
So I was thing that we have a few categories that members can post too for a period of time. Then let the TN population vote for the ones they like most in each category. After a set amount of time, voting ends and the ones with the most votes are the winners. It's simple, easy, fun and gives the members a chance to show off some of their work.
Your thoughts...

This post was edited
it

is a good idea i think

This post was edited
Photo Contest

Photography is what we like and are always willing to take photos or try a new photo idea. This sounds like a fun idea and we would be very interested. Please keep us informed.

Not interested in posting to flickr

This post was edited