Web chat

How come when I go into the chat room I can see and read what everyone is typing but when I respond and hit the send button, what I type dissapears? It doesn't come up on screen

This topic was edited
RE: Web chat

I've had a similar problem myself, however a bit different. I'm the only one that can see what I type, nobodhy else can. lol...not very good for chat. However, it seems to happen intermittantly and hasn't happend for a few days. If it happens again, I think I'm going to just cut to the chase and send an e-mail via the contact button at the bottom of the page. Since I haven't a response to my post on it, I would imagine that would be a quicker way to go.

Earl, I never even thought of flash player to be honest. I'm pretty sure mine is up to date, but I'll check into it.

This post was edited
Web Chat

I was in the chat room yesterday for the first time and was kind of taken aback when someone told someone else that they could "whiper" them. So, of course, I just HAD to ask...what is whiper?. Boy did I feel foolish when Steveazimuth had to explain to me that it was a typo and the word was "whisper". LOL
So, I understand that if you are certified you can whisper, how does one do that?

This post was edited
RE: Web Chat

I was in the chat room yesterday for the first time and was kind of taken aback when someone told someone else that they could "whiper" them. So, of course, I just HAD to ask...what is whiper?. Boy did I feel foolish when Steveazimuth had to explain to me that it was a typo and the word was "whisper". LOL So, I understand that if you are certified you can whisper, how does one do that?
hehe, Knowing OUR chat room, are you sure they weren't trying to say, whip her! LOL

Phil.

This post was edited

LOL Yeah it very likely could have been whip her depending on who was in the room at the time LOL

This post was edited

So anyway, ........how ARE we sposed to know all this stuff, is there a set of instructions yet?
as most of you know, I don't chat cos it crashes me comp, but the last time I was in there, it took me
THREE days to find the door to get OUT!

Phil.

This post was edited

Hi Tom! .....how ya doing? ........long time no see

Phil.

This post was edited

Hi Phil, I peek in once in awhile. I'm lucky enough to be living full time as a nudist. I don't have much in common with most of the members here. To most members, nudism is a part time interest. One of the few good things about getting old, is the advantage to live where and how you want and not care what others think.
Well I've got to the "not care what others think" bit, I'm still working on the rest :)

This post was edited

So anyway, ........how ARE we sposed to know all this stuff, is there a set of instructions yet? as most of you know, I don't chat cos it crashes me comp, but the last time I was in there, it took me THREE days to find the door to get OUT! Phil.

When you first log into the chat room, it does tell you to put in front of the message. It wasn't updated to say you have to be certified to whisper, maybe to catch the troublemakers LOL
There is now a exit chat button below the chat screen. You can also just click on any of the other tabs such as home or forum to exit. It is possible that by doing so you will show to be in the chat room when someone views your profile.
Thomas

This post was edited

I was in the chat room yesterday for the first time and was kind of taken aback when someone told someone else that they could "whiper" them. So, of course, I just HAD to ask...what is whiper?. Boy did I feel foolish when Steveazimuth had to explain to me that it was a typo and the word was "whisper". LOL So, I understand that if you are certified you can whisper, how does one do that?
I had an even worse typo in there, when I said "hi virgin" instead of "hi virgil" At least we all got a good laugh out of it. LOL

This post was edited

So anyway, ........how ARE we sposed to know all this stuff, is there a set of instructions yet? as most of you know, I don't chat cos it crashes me comp, but the last time I was in there, it took me THREE days to find the door to get OUT! Phil.
I've asked this same question in the past. No one ever answers.
The rules for the chat room are posted before you enter the chat room, you have to click the I Agree button to get into the chat room.
As soon as you enter the chat room it tells you to whisper put in front of the message. It was not updated to say you had to be certified to whisper though.
The exit button is below the chat room.

This post was edited