World Naked Bike Ride-Austin June 9th 2012

Hey folks,
World Naked Bike Ride is next Saturday (9:00 pm. June 9, 2012) in Austin, Texas. Obviously, other towns may have other dates or times.
Don't know if any of you are nearby, or interested, but I thought I'd post here, just in case.
WNBR is a world wide protest movement intended to draw attention both to the vulnerability of our system to the ravages of oil and climate change, and to the vulnerabilities of bikers and pedestrians to cars.
I'm not trying to make the case or argue any points, here. I'm just trying to spread the word.
This year, there is actually an official VENUE! It's at the Mill on East 5th. Here's a link:
https://events.austin360.com/austin_tx/events/show/261908205-world-naked-bike-ride-austin-at-the-mill-5th-and-springdale
Pre-Party starts at 7:30.
There is a charge for the pre/post party at the Mill. There will be music, body painting, showers, etc. and the venue is private/
Bikers not wishing to pay the $10 for the pre-party can organize at Boggy Creek Park, and the ride will stop there to pick everyone up just after 9.
Yes, there will be nekkidity at the private venue (protected) and on the streets! There has been some level of acceptance in Austin, but they can make no guarantees. Might bring something to slip on just in case. Doesn't have to be much. Guys can get by with justa sock to cover up with. Women can legally be topless, so don't expect any trouble, there.
FYI-APD know we're coming and they approved the parade permit. Cross your fingers and turn out.
Even if you don't bike, the pre-party should be a great place to hang naked for a few hours! Come have some fun!

This topic was edited
RE: World Naked Bike Ride-Austin June 9th 2012

Don't forget, folks.
It's this Saturday, June 9th in Austin.
Here's a better link
wnbraustin.org

This post was edited

How did it go for eveybody?

This post was edited

I think it went great.

Hundreds of folks biked. Many stark naked the entire way.
There were a few arrests, but I understand those were folks who got off their bikes and started dancing on the state capital steps. Can't vouch for the facts. Considering the number of people naked on bikes, remarkably few problems.

This post was edited

Is there a site where videos are posted?

This post was edited