Suggestive nicknames

Hi All,
This is my frst post and I'm no doubt diving into controversy...
One thing that strikes me about this site is the obvious intention to keep it free from those who choose to abuse the naturist tag. The options to flag profiles and the TrueNudist Certification is a great idea.
However one thing I've noticed is that some users will select fairly obvious sexually referenced nicknames.
Two I've across so far (I'll paraphrase as I can't remember the exact spellings...) are 'Pussy Licker' and 'Bum Lover', I may be wrong but these people (both men as it happens) don't sound like they are here to enjoy PG rated naturism.
Ok, I've opened a can of worms so...
Should the site allow suggestive nicknames ?
Have a good one

Fettler

This topic was edited
RE: Suggestive nicknames

Hi All, This is my frst post and I'm no doubt diving into controversy... One thing that strikes me about this site is the obvious intention to keep it free from those who choose to abuse the naturist tag. The options to flag profiles and the TrueNudist Certification is a great idea. However one thing I've noticed is that some users will select fairly obvious sexually referenced nicknames. Ok, I've opened a can of worms so... Should the site allow suggestive nicknames ? Have a good one Screen Names are just that, but the one's you mentioned would raise a red flag to me, most times with names like that you do not need to search any further, the name says it all, unfortunlaty their is no way to control it unless the Admin was approving memberships (as should be)otherwise it is wide open to anyone to apply for what ever reason.

This post was edited

Sometimes it is not at it appears. There is a user on here that goes by "BareDick". But it is not meant to be suggestive. He has gone by the shortened version of richard, ie "dick", all his life. Bare of course being a reference to being a nudist. So sometimes things aren't as they seem. Just thought I'd drop that in there.
Thanks,
Jerry

This post was edited

Should the site allow suggestive nicknames ?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Glad you brought this up, I was quite shocked to see it on here and it definitely needs sorting.
Lets start a petition!
As far as Baredick goes, he should have had the sense to choose a more appropriate name.

This post was edited

I can see both sides of the issue really, but in the end I think that names such as suggested need to go. Sure, they will give you an idea of what the poster is all about, but we don't need the suggestion that this site is even remotely related to sex. That said, I do think that the name issue is a rather low priority and there are more important issues that need to be addressed first. Until then, I suggest that if you don't want to associate with those kinds of people either ignore them or flag them.

This post was edited

Should the site allow suggestive nicknames ? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Glad you brought this up, I was quite shocked to see it on here and it definitely needs sorting. Lets start a petition! As far as Baredick goes, he should have had the sense to choose a more appropriate name.
Phil, I think he thought he was. I'd say it never occured to him. He is actually my father in real life and well, it's just his name preceded by the word bare. Hard to see it as inappropriate when it's your name.
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

I am more of the live and let live category, in my experience, people who are in fact not here strictly for the nudist lifestyle will soon fall by the wayside, and even if you required a "tame" username, it won't change the character or intent of the person behind the name. Dave
I agree Dave, those that think it is cool to have a "special" name will get tired of the place and die out. It may take a little time.
Thanks
- Jerry

This post was edited

I am more of the live and let live category, in my experience, people who are in fact not here strictly for the nudist lifestyle will soon fall by the wayside, and even if you required a "tame" username, it won't change the character or intent of the person behind the name. Dave
Only way is for us to know if one's suggestive user name is bad would be to associate the name with pictues of the user and or the actions of the user, but do think some of the names are a bit out of line. And it is asked many times "Why don't more women post" well with names like that I don't blame them for not posting.
Ed

This post was edited

Only way is for us to know if one's suggestive user name is bad would be to associate the name with pictues of the user and or the actions of the user, but do think some of the names are a bit out of line. And it is asked many times "Why don't more women post" well with names like that I don't blame them for not posting.
Ed
Sorry Ed, have to disagree, either the name is generally considered to be suggestive or not, regardless of the type of profile it's on. It's unfortunate if an innocent pet name falls into that category, but we're talking general perception, and if a name is generally perceived to be suggestive, to my mind, it has no place on a naturists site.

This post was edited

I can see both sides of the issue really, but in the end I think that names such as suggested need to go. Sure, they will give you an idea of what the poster is all about, but we don't need the suggestion that this site is even remotely related to sex. That said, I do think that the name issue is a rather low priority and there are more important issues that need to be addressed first. Until then, I suggest that if you don't want to associate with those kinds of people either ignore them or flag them.
Totally agree Swifty, but it wouldn't take long to do as I've seen on other sites, replace the name with something like "Member" to encourage the owner to change it.

This post was edited

Well Dave, I am more of the shoot first category, hehe, you only have to look at society to-day to see what the live and let live attitude has produced. Why should we have to wait for them to fall by the wayside. Even if they do, they may go away, but not delete their profile. No it won't change the character or intent of the person behind the name, and I have often though that at least on the unmoderated sites, you can more easily see what the person is like, but it puts off the nice people and you find yourself left in a place you don't want to be :(

This post was edited