Thanksgiving Feast in SC

If anyone is going to be in the Midlands of SC, this Saturday, we'll be deep-frying a turkey and having all the fixin's. It's going to be a great group of folk. Our 7 acres are southeast and adjacent to Columbia.
The fun begins at 4pm with dinner @ 6:30.

This topic was edited
RE: Thanksgiving Feast in SC

bump

This post was edited
RE: Thanksgiving Feast in SC

This is one Thanksgiving Feast we'll all remember. We were able to enjoy the sun for the afternoon on chaises at the guest house as well as on the deck.
The turkey was perfectly deep fried, juicy meat and crisp skin. We did discover that the thermometer wasn't working when it was time to take the bird out of the cooker, and the instrument was about 90 degrees too cool. 10 minutes a pound is the secret to using the infra-red deep-fryer.
I've not ever tasted dressing that good, and the sweet potato casserole, thanks to a member's wife, was fantastic. The whipped potatoes, the salad, the broccoli, the rolls, the brownies, the mincemeat pie, the ice cream...it was all beyond good.
It was rough to say good-night, but it'll only be two weeks till Travelites' next event: the lobster bash/oyster roast. This week, I'll check on prices for the single oysters and the 1-1/2 to 2 lb. lobsters and let those know who have RSVPd the cost. I do need to know asap as they will be ordered on Friday, November 9th. For those who do not care for seafood, we will have a pasta dish.
Upcoming Events
11/17/2012-Lobster Bash & Oyster Roast, Ridgeway, SC
12/8/2012-Winter Holiday Party, Hopkins, SC
12/22/2012-Doomsday Survivor Party, Hopkins, SC
12/31/2012-New Years Eve - dinner at Bone Fish Grill, Columbia, SC
1/12/2013-1st Hot Tub Party of the New Year
1/26/2013-Oyster Roast, Ridgeway, SC

This post was edited