Decline of Nudist Venues in North America

Guys,

Is it me or have a lot of places closed in the last 5 years?

Timberline Lodge - Crossville, TN
Cherokee Lodge - Crossville, TN
Wild Bill's Resort - (I think that was the name, about 4 years ago I went to CO and it was a resort in the eastern part of the state and they told me they had closed.)

Anyone know of any more?

Thanks
Jerry

This topic was edited
RE: Decline of Nudist Venues in North America

I'm not sure when it closed but I believe that Jardin Del Sol in AZ is gone now.

This post was edited

I think Deja Vu resort in Fl closed in 2003.

This post was edited

Jim,

The story of Timberline is that Glen had heart problems and Bea had alcohol issues. Bea moved to town and Glen was running the place, when he could no longer run it he had to close it and by that time it was a big bunch of swingers, they moved across the highway to Cherokee and Danny has an issue with alcohol and it continued on for a short time. Glen has tried to sell Timberline and at one time thought he had a Christian organization interested. On the other hand I am not too sure what is going on at Cherokee, but I talked to Sally, who is Danny's mother-in-law and she alluded to the fact that they were "leaving the nudist lifestyle" which as much as I know Danny means that they had to stop being a nudist resort and most likely for a legal reason.

Paradise Valley in Georgia and there is another one in northern Georgia is probably your best bet. Paradise valley was hidden valley until the management of Paradise Lakes in Lutz, FL bought it a few years ago, then they upgraded it and renamed it.

Unfortunately this is the way of nudism in America, hidden somewhere between the dark and the light because our culture does not accept it and ruled by individuals that are not always prepared for longivity. Thus the saga continues.

Thanks to the other poster for the updates. I have heard that there were several places that Lee Baxandall of TNS kept going, but since his passing Nikki Hoffman of TNS has not felt necessary to support, I wonder which ones were closed. I heard a rumor that Glen Eden closed or possibly Allyssium Fields, but I don't know enough about those sites to say. Anyone know?

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

wooops, I see now that you listed Elissian Fields, shame it closed.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
Closings.

Times have gotten tough. People don't have as much cash available to them. Many of these places take a significant amount of fuel to get to. Not to mention, usually around $40 to spend a day at some of these places. This up and coming generation is not about organized events either. All this is working against the established naturist community. AANR has been working the issues for several years with limited success.

This post was edited

Swallows is open. They rebuilt after the fires, visited there a couple of years ago...

This post was edited

Well this certainly is a dissapointing thread. It's got me wondering...Going to have to do some research

This post was edited

Steve,

Do you mean that our posts are disappointing, or that the closure of so many nudist places is disappointing?

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

Jerry, to me it is disappointing that so many places are closing. I would really love seeing more beaches that were clothing optional or nude.

This post was edited

Yeah, sure, I discover nudism in Australia, come back to North America and it's on the decline. sheeesh, no luck. lol

This post was edited