RE: Decline of Nudist Venues in North America

Well for all of you out there. I know Danny and Donna personally. I have to believe that, well, let me put it this way, Danny will open it as a textile park in the spring, come hell or high water. Where it goes from there, I don't know. But if Danny says he is going to do it, trust me, he is going to do it. If there is any question about my knowledge of him, just ask him about "Pinky". After the cussing stops, he'll laugh. In any case, I have no reason to believe that he would not do what he said he would do. A real damn shame, I've eaten some great food out of that clubhouse. For those that don't know, Danny grew and or hunted/fished a lot of the food that was served there. There were some meals that you just couldn't put a price on. I will miss the place.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
RE: Decline of nudist venues in North America

I have to say that I agree with your frustration, and some resorts even go so far as to deny married guys unless they bring their wife with them, even if they have attended as a couple, they still expect you to always bring her. I guess they beleive that everytime I want to do something she has no other interests and has to follow along. Although they never had a problem when she wants to attend by herself.
I guess it is a bit ironic that the societal view of nudism also includes a societal view of men without supervision.
I do have to also agree with some resort owners who have had issues but have not changed policy and allow singles, thsy simply deal with the bad apples, including the swingers, and no problem. All included in most of the rules and regs of the resort.
I know rambling again...sigh.

This post was edited
RE: Decline of Nudist Venues in North America

i heard that vista grande ranche near weatherford tx closed a few yrs ago. thats a shame too, but also heard one opened not to far from it so thats sorta a wash.. but still the loss of a place i enjoyed when i was in the area,,,,,,
part of the decline could be due to some of them cutting their own foot off to spite their face with the quota's and discrimination towards single and solo men,,,,lot of lost revenue and word of mouth and net travel fast.
AANR has been virtualy condoning of that sort of discrimination by thier lack of actioneven when it happens at resorts that are aanr sanctioned and recognized,
personaly after the way i was talked to by persons on the phone at glen eden some yrs back , i feel no pitty or remorse if that place closed down, good ridance!!
maybe if some of them closed door policy resorts had been more "accepting of others and less judgmental they might still be around.!

This post was edited
CHICAGO NUDISM CLUB

HI! WE ARE FORMING A SOCIAL NUDISM CLUB IN CHICAGOLAND. EMAIL US AT CHICAGOFUNCLUB@GMAIL.COM FOR MORE INFO. THANKS

This post was edited
RE: Decline of nudist venues in North America

While the decline is unfortunate, it also signals the need to change the direction of naturism. For so long we have relied on business people and business organizations to run centres and resorts. But if the lifestyle is to reach a larger audience, we will eventually have to come out of hiding.

In the past, this was exceptionally difficult. Today, we have social networks, both nudist ones like this one and others, to spread the message of non-sexual nudity. Someposters to this Forumtopicfind nude beaches too dangerous because they aren't all properly supervised by safety officers or lifeguards. Yet that's one of the places we have to go. In today's economy and considering the priorities of young people today, we have to have beaches, parks and other centres that are RELATIVELY CHEAP and EASILY ACCESSIBLE. To some degree, we have to claim some spaces. Our small numbers don't exactly help.

Ifone or two of us show up at a relatively secluded section of beach and are found out, we get arrested. But what if 50 of us showed up? Or even 100? The three most important elements in any poltiical or social struggle are numbers, numbers and numbers. As it is, I'm still trying to find a 10th naturist from New Brunswick, Canada, on this site. To do that, we have to reach people and get the message out.

I don't have all the answers, though. Any suggestions?

This post was edited