CO Hot Springs July 24-26

We will be in southern CO on the above dates and hope to get to a couple hot springs while visiting some National Parks. We know about Dakota Springs, Rainbow, Mt. Princeton, Springs Resort and Valleyview but have not looked up exact locations yet. Ant others to consider?
Maxx

This topic was edited
RE:CO Hot Springs July 24-26

In my opinion Valley View is the only place to stop if you are in southern Colorado. One - it is clothing optional. There are a couple others, Orvis, and one other I have not been too. Valley View has the most options. Clothing optional applies not only in the hot springs but the whole 2,000 acre Orient Land Trust. I go there as much for naked hiking, as I do the hot spring. There is nothing better than doing a 4 mile naked hike than jumping into a hot spring. Now the springs are not that hot (90s), but in the summer that actually feels pretty good. They do have one set of pools they heat to a respectable hot springs temp. There are several springs and pools ranging in configurations from pretty natural to a pool suitable for doing laps. I highly recommend spring a night or two.

This post was edited

As far as Valley View goes, get reservations early, but you have to donate to get them very early.

This post was edited

Though we've not stayed at Valley View Hot Springs, yet ... we did stop and tour the place. I've always wanted to visit and stay there. I convinced my wife that we should at least tour the place, knowing full well that she dislikes "rustic" places. We stopped in, they found us a tour guide and we took the tour. It was my wife who asked/suggested that we take off our clothes so we didn't seem like gawkers/voyeurs. Our tour guide said that we didn't need to and on with the tour we went.

I immediately loved the place but my wife was not saying much. We were shown RV spots where we might park our RV if we returned to stay. The views are spectacular! We ended our tour back at the office and off we continued on our driving trip. The first words out of my wife's mouth ... "this place would be awesome to come back and stay for several days!" That enough is all the recommendation, I personally think, you need! hahaha My wife can be a bit of a nudist snob. She likes to stay in nice places but she knows what she likes and isn't comfortable with, with regards to nudist venues and she really liked Valley View Hot Springs.

I'd recommended it highly and all we did was tour!

This post was edited

We'll add our recommendation for VVHS as well. We stayed in one of their rooms for a couple nights and had a wonderful time. The views alone are worth the trip let alone the hikes and springs.

We look forward to going back when we get our RV and really start traveling in a couple years.

This post was edited

My first public/social nudist experience was at Orvis Hot Springs in Ridgway, Co. We loved it!

This post was edited