RE: Holkham beach. Norfolk UK

Just announced, Holkham will no longer be nudist friendly: https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/search/?q=holkham
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Just announced, Holkham will no longer be nudist friendly: https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/search/?q=holkhamJohn aka cobeachbumWe just have to hope this disgusting behaviour is stopped before any others are lost as well because of these sex pests.

This post was edited

It is indeed sad to hear that Holkham will no longer be an official naturist beach after 1 July 2013 - just 1 week to go. As well as being a beautiful location, it was pretty well run. A privately-owned beach looked after by a charitable trust, it was well signposted, kept tidy and patrolled by wardens who aimed to ensure good behaviour.
I happily used the beach for years, but haven't been there this year or last, so don't know how bad the behaviour had become. I had thought that its remote location would deter most doggers, but apparently not so. As a broad-minded single male, I was never too upset by the behaviour of others, but I can see how it might have become a matter of concern. I saw sexual activity taking place, but found it easy to avoid. I was propositioned, but didn't mind making my views clear. It was always men who did the propositioning, usually on their own behalf, but sometimes for female partners. They clearly confuse nakedness with an invitation to sexual contact, and need to hear that any bare body part is not necessarily available for touching - you wouldn't do this to a clothed person of either gender. This used to occur on the fringes of the sand dunes, within which nudity was not allowed, but where the terrain can conceal what is going on. They would invariably quit if I told them to do so, but a stranger to the beach would no doubt find the approach unpleasant, not realising that staying out on the open beach was a good technique for avoiding the nuisance.
I have also noted the growing popularity of public sex is causing problems in other less official places where I like to go naked. It seems that the sexual exhibitionists are drawn to the same remote areas I like to use, as are real dog walkers who complain about what they see. This prompts police action, and often physical blocking of access to these locations. Sadly, after many years of trouble-free naturism, I am now having to be very careful not to be seen as someone primarily looking for open-air sex. If we are not to lose more excellent facilities like Holkham, the doggers and the naturists both need to make it clear where the dividing line is drawn.

This post was edited

Sad news indeed. I'll probably head up to Holkham at some point in the week (weather permitting) for one last time!

This post was edited

Sad news indeed. I'll probably head up to Holkham at some point in the week (weather permitting) for one last time!
Hi everyone, heres great news from British Naturism!

NATURISTS BACK ON HOLKHAM BEACH
British
Naturism's high-profile campaign to persuade the Crown Estate to drop
its ban on nude bathing on the land it controls at Holkham Beach has
been successful. After receiving a formal letter from BN and just
minutes before we were due to sign the contract engaging solicitors, the
Crown Estate told us they were dropping the ban which they instituted
in the summer.

In
what was perhaps the biggest campaigning success in a decade for
British Naturism, nude bathing will now again be permitted in an area
where Naturists have gathered without problems for as long as most of us
can remember. The ban remains in place on the land above mean high tide
which is owned by the Holkham Estate. We are asking Naturists to
respect that the ban still exists on that part of the beach, but talks
will now take place between BN, the Crown Estate and other interested
parties to resolve any existing issues.

Read BN's press release here: . You can also follow the story as it has unfolded on the BN Members Community here - (login required).
The
Crown Estate's decision came after sustained pressure from BN, which
once again emphasises how important it is that the many millions of
Britons who enjoy Naturism should join their national organisation. Many
people say it doesnt affect them as they never use Holkham beach, but
that can easily miss the point. It could be YOUR favourite Naturist spot
that comes under threat next. (And yes, even privately owned clubs,
read about yet another threat we are challenging - )

This post was edited

Hi all
I will be visiting in 2014. Can't wait to get naked and feel the warm summer sun all over.
I've not been before. If anyone would like some company when they go please let me know :)

This post was edited

We love Holkham, its a long drive for us but well worth it and we'll be back there in 2016.

This post was edited

The only beaches I have visited are Studland, andBrighton. I intend to visit many beaches in the new year, andHolkham will be one of them. Roll on summer!
Studland is by far the best. Holkham is nice as well.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited