Vegan Dish.

One of my favourite vegan foods is a take on an Egyptian dish called Majaderah. It basically consists of rice, green and red pepper, a lot of fried onions, and lentils.
Boil the lentils until medium soft. Cook the rice, fry the onions and green, red peppers separately, and then just mix all the ingredients together, add olives, salt, or more olive oil if so desired --- simple and tasty! Mike.

This topic was edited
RE: Vegan Dish.

That sounds great! Do you like Koshari? It's another Egyptian Dish. It's spaghetti, macaroni, spicy tomato sauce, with lentils and crispy fried onions, on top.... It's like leftovers... Really good!

This post was edited

Koshari is great! A mish mash of pastas and lentils thrown in for good measure and protein.So wonderful that vegan/vegetarian food so heavily based (I would think) on lentils, one of my favourite foods, a rich source of protein, but.....beware of the GMO's.... Mike.

This post was edited

Just joined the group and thanks for this recipe. Sounds simple and delicious. I'm going to make this this week. Think I'll hotten it up though with some spicy peppers.
Nat

This post was edited

As long as your hot peppers are vegan. Enjoy. Mike.

This post was edited