RE: What is a nudist ?

Let's get back to the topic.A nudist is a person who prefers to be naked, but goes naked only when either in private or with other similarly inclined persons. And it is non-sexual.
You will find some excellent posts related to this topic from First Time Nudists at this link.
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=5672

This post was edited

Thank you for the edit, Mac. Truce?You got it.
Peace

This post was edited

FAQ seems appropriate.I'll submit that a "nudist" is anyone who goes unclothed by choice, and not by neccessity. ( such as a shower or bath )May be with others, or may not.A "social nudist" one who goes unclothed by choice along with, or in the presence of others of similar or tolerant persuasion.Comments ?

What is a Nudist?
A simple question at first glance. Quite profound upon closer examination.
We could cite pages as to what does not constitute a nudist. The enforced group showers at the school gym or military barracks, or the stereotyped flasher in the trench coat certainly do not qualify one as a nudist.
My simplified definition has always been: Those that find nothing shameful or morally wrong with being unclothed around those of either gender.
I recall a recent post which stated that an organization or a media outlet interviewed those enjoying a nude beach. The question they posed was, Are you a nudist? Surprisingly, the overwhelming majority responded , No.
Those on the beach, fell under my own blanket definition of a nudist but if they were not nudists, then my definition has no validity.
It may be interesting to note that a search for nudist at Dictionary.com produced only this result.
nudism??[noo-diz-uhm, nyoo-] Show IPA
noun
the practice of going nude, esp. in places that allow sexually mixed groups, in the belief that such practice benefits health.
Origin:
192530; nude + -ism
Related forms:
nudist, noun, adjective
It may be that the term nudist is so abstract as to defy definition.

This post was edited
RE: What Is A Nudist?

A nudist is someone whom chooses to be naked when it is comfortable to do so either alone or with friends of like mind. A naturist is similar but prefers to be naked in order to pursue outdoor activities...i.e. in nature.

Actually , half true.
Today the main difference between the two is geography.
In Europe the usually say naturist , in America nudist
But yes, originally its what you said.
( as far as i know)

This post was edited

A nudist is probably anyone who is reading this post.

This post was edited

To be and see. To be comfortable, relaxed, and to enjoy what nature has to offer. To save on electrcity and water for laundry. just a simple folks opinion.

This post was edited

We think it is much more the use of different terms in different parts of the world than there being a particularly different meaning to the words nudist and naturist.

This post was edited

Great post Cheri!

This will help a lot of people explain their new hobby!

This post was edited

To me a nudist is a person who is as comfortable nude,as a non nudist is wearing clothes.

This post was edited

nudist

The practice of going nude, especially in places that allow sexually mixed groups, in the belief that such practice benefits health.

Origin 192530

Relatedforms: nudist, noun, adjective

Can be confused: naturalist, naturist, nudist.

Dictionary.com Unabridged, Based on the Random House Dictionary, Random House, Inc. 2013.

This post was edited