I am an American Nudist

I want to share something I have written and hope you all enjoy it. The idea of having a Motto to live by is a simple one, and I know there are codes of conduct and etiquette that exist elsewhere online, but I hope this is the first time anyone has focused the writing around 'What people do' and 'How we do it together'. I do not intend for it to raise the American style of Nudism above any other country's population in the world, but rather present something to "rally around" like a flag or banner. I am a veteran of America's armed forces service, so the substance of this is close to my heart.
All feedback is welcome! I mentioned this writing is copyrighted from June 18th, 2014, but this is mainly to encourage anyone wanting to share or use it to please communicate with me. Ultimately I feel confident it will spread through the Internet's search engines and other websites, and I hope that is helpful to expanding our "body of knowledge" and broadening the foundation upon which social nudism exists. Sincerely, ~ Centauri4
- - -

I am an American Nudist
I am a member of a transformational movement a protector of one of the greatest ideas on Earth.
Because I am proud of the human form I wear, I will always act in ways creditable to the social and moral Code of Ethics of social nudism and the nations we are protected by.
I am proud of our organization. I will do all I can to make it the finest social movement in the world.
I will be loyal to those I stand shoulder to shoulder with in unity.
I will do my full part to promote awareness and education of all people regarding non-sexual nudity, social nudism, the history of its achievements and the contributions thousands of other nudists have made.
As a nudist, I realize that I am a member of a time-honored tradition that I am doing my share to keep alive the principles of individual freedom for which the nudist lifestyle stands.
No matter what situation I am in, I will never do anything, for pleasure, profit, or personal gain, which will disgrace our naked form, our philosophy, or my fellow nudists.
I will use every means I have, even beyond simple words, to restrain my fellow nudists from actions disgraceful to themselves and to the nudist lifestyle.
I am proud of my body and accept its natural appearance. I accept the natural appearance of others and believe they have a right to seek the acceptance of others regarding clothing-optionality and non-sexual nudity.
If asked directly I will acknowledge an understanding of social, recreational and lifestyle nudism. I will not place the needs of the social nudism movement above those of people in general if doing poses a risk to their life and freedom.
I will try to make the people of this lifestyle proud of the ideals we represent, for I am an American nudist.
(This version of the Pre-2003 version of the U.S. Soldiers Creed as shown on Wikipedia, modified and adapted by Centauri4 on Tumblr at Naturism as a Way of Living. Copyright this June 18th, 2014 with license freely given for its reuse on tumblr pages; all others please ask to quote.)
(images)

This topic was edited
RE: I am an American Nudist

There is nothing that I can add here except that we are being tried in our faith and devotion to both God and Country. It was first said during the American Revolution "These are the times that try men's souls." and those words are still true today. We are being pelted on all sides by slings and arrows but we must endure. We must keep the faith and as nudists we have additional threats to endure. We must always, in the paraphrasewords of William Shakespeare, be true to our selves. We must be proud to be Americans, Patriots and Nudists. Remember "Freedom is never free".

This post was edited