Crawfish Season

Crawfish season will be coming around soon. Who wants to have a crawfish boil? I know I can't be the onliest one in this group that likes the little critters.

This topic was edited
RE: Crawfish Season

Sounds pretty good to me. Think up a time and place, and i would be more than happy to help in any way i can. ^^

This post was edited

I'm in....

This post was edited

The gryphons nest in Springfield looks like it has a pool and clubhouse. Maybe we can rent it for an event.

This post was edited

I just went to the gryphons nest website and was just curious if they allow nudists to camp out there.Can you try to find out? Not sure exactly where this place is. But there is plenty of time right now to make plans before the bugs come back out of the mud.

This post was edited

I just went to the gryphons nest website and was just curious if they allow nudists to camp out there.Can you try to find out? Not sure exactly where this place is. But there is plenty of time right now to make plans before the bugs come back out of the mud.
That's an interesting place. I thought I saw that the spa was clothing optional until 9 pm and then clothing was required - but that sounds wrong and now I can't find it again. They seem very open and accepting of lifestyles so nudity shouldn't be a problem.
Another thought: I heard that the Dive Inn in New Orleans has closed. It's a clothing optional B&B with a big indoor pool. I wonder if the room with the pool, hot tubs, seating, etc. could be rented by the day.

This post was edited

I don't intend to go all the way to NOLA for a crawfish boil. That's a bit farther than I want to drive for that. Somewhere more to the north of there would be better.

This post was edited

There is a place near Verda, LA called Woody Holler. It's a friend of mine that owns a lot of property. He set it up for nudists to be able to camp primitively and nature hike and bicycle. I'll see if he is officially open yet.Verda? That's close to Colfax, isn't it? That would be better for me, and probably for more of the members on here, as it's more centrally located in the state. That may make it easier to get a bigger group together for something like this. Can you check with him? It would be great to have a place in La. to go for a nudist weekend without having to go to Texas as an only option. By that I mean for other times besides just a crawdad boil, like a long weekend or something. Who knows, I might be willing to go down there sometime to help him get something done to get things improved. I do have experience building/making things and a lot of "Toys" to make it happen.

This post was edited

Anyone else up for a crawfish boil, and any other suggestions on a good place to have one? I have a pot and a good burner to cook on. How many more have crawdad cooking equipment?

This post was edited

There is a place near Verda, LA called Woody Holler. It's a friend of mine that owns a lot of property. He set it up for nudists to be able to camp primitively and nature hike and bicycle. I'll see if he is officially open yet.Is that in North Louisiana? i remember reading about a guy who had created something like this for nudists in the northern part of LA. I just wasn't sure how it would work out for the primitive unless i just did it for a day as I have no camping gear. Winter months I'd probably want to be indoors for warmth anyway. Still it would be wonderful. To be nude outside and not get to be actually in nature is absurd.
I don't like Crawfish, but I'd bring my own food and join in the fun if possible.

This post was edited

There is a place near Verda, LA called Woody Holler. It's a friend of mine that owns a lot of property. He set it up for nudists to be able to camp primitively and nature hike and bicycle. I'll see if he is officially open yet.Do you have any update on the status of Woody Holler?

This post was edited