the largest empire in history and dates back to the Norman Conquest of
1066. This established the feudal state, in which an inherited monarch
retains ownership of land that is passed down generationally. Among the
land that is owned by Queen Elizabeth II are the second and third largest
countries in the world: Australia combined with its Antarctic territories,
and Canada.

This post was edited
RE: Fact Of The Day

If you fart constantly for 6 years, 9 months and 23 days you would produce enough gas to explode an atomic bomb.
You would also have one sure enough worn out asshole.

This post was edited

An average of 76 people a year die playing twister, and about 23 of which are through playing the nude version!

This post was edited

An average of 76 people a year die playing twister, and about 23 of which are through playing the nude version!I don't understand what you mean about the 23.

This post was edited

An average of 76 people a year die playing twister, and about 23 of which are through playing the nude version!I don't understand what you mean about the 23.
What part of the 23 don't you understand ?

This post was edited

What part of the 23 don't you understand ?I guess it's an attempt at a joke. Isaw it on a weird fact site. I guess it means 23 naked people died playing twister.

This post was edited

The first bible was written hundreds of years after the birth of Christ, therefore it is all hearsay.Basically you are correct in saying that the Bible and the New Testament in particular, is all hearsay. Christians are the first to admit that Christ never wrote anything down in his short life. At least, not anything notable. What you might call the New Testament, in today's vernacular, is a collection of blogs. There is one main difference between the these and today's blogs. The bloggers of today, regardless of their background, are assumed by many people to be experts in what ever they write. Right thinking individuals know that many of them do not know what the heck they are talking about, and do not accept their blogs as gospel. The New Testament, on the other hand is a collection of highly scrutinized articles that have been handed down through the ages. Many items that some people believed should be a part of the Bible were rejected for various reasons and deemed not worth of inclusion in the New Testament. The important difference of what is included and what is rejected, is the reliance upon biblical scholars. One other major cause of the confusion for the readers of the texts and it's meanings is the use of parables and symbolism. These are usually items that cannot be taken literally and are rejected out right by non-believers. So we are back to the basic premise of the Bible. That is it must be taken as faith. If anyone does not wish to believe what the Bible has to offer, that is their right. I will not stand in their way and I will even go so far as to defend their right not to believe. At least believers get to celebrate Christmas and Easter. Anyway, Merry Christmas 2014 to all believers and non-believers alike. DesertRat

This post was edited

Peruvians eat rodents. The guinea pig is a common source of protein in Peru,
with approximately 65 million of the rodents eaten each year in the South American country.

This post was edited

Peruvians eat rodents. The guinea pig is a common source of protein in Peru,with approximately 65 million of the rodents eaten each year in the South American country.There was a question about this on a quiz show yesterday. I got the answer right.

This post was edited

The first bible was written hundreds of years after the birth of Christ, therefore it is all hearsay.Basically you are correct in saying that the Bible and the New Testament in particular, is all hearsay. Christians are the first to admit that Christ never wrote anything down in his short life. At least, not anything notable. What you might call the New Testament, in today's vernacular, is a collection of blogs. There is one main difference between the these and today's blogs. The bloggers of today, regardless of their background, are assumed by many people to be experts in what ever they write. Right thinking individuals know that many of them do not know what the heck they are talking about, and do not accept their blogs as gospel. The New Testament, on the other hand is a collection of highly scrutinized articles that have been handed down through the ages. Many items that some people believed should be a part of the Bible were rejected for various reasons and deemed not worth of inclusion in the New Testament. The important difference of what is included and what is rejected, is the reliance upon biblical scholars. One other major cause of the confusion for the readers of the texts and it's meanings is the use of parables and symbolism. These are usually items that cannot be taken literally and are rejected out right by non-believers. So we are back to the basic premise of the Bible. That is it must be taken as faith. If anyone does not wish to believe what the Bible has to offer, that is their right. I will not stand in their way and I will even go so far as to defend their right not to believe. At least believers get to celebrate Christmas and Easter. Anyway, Merry Christmas 2014 to all believers and non-believers alike. DesertRatWell said, and yes, Christ did not write any of it but people who were there such as the Apolstle Paul did. I too will defend ones right to believe or not believe what they want. But before you offhand label the Bible as hearsay positioning it as fiction you might want to attend an Apogetics seminar and/or talk with a scholar that can present the evidence of its historical accuracy. Even non-believer historians and archeologists use the Bible as a source.

This post was edited