RE: Fact Of The Day

Cats can drink seawater.

This post was edited

Cats are the most popular pet in the United States: There are 88 million pet cats and 74 million dogs.I prefer dogs, I have two, and no cats at all.

This post was edited

The US Post Office uses mules to carry mail and other items to theHavasupai Indians at the base of the Grand Canyon.Mules are cheaper to operate than helicopters.

This post was edited

Sunday, December 7, 1941 "A dayof infamy"

This post was edited

Sunday, December 7, 1941 "A dayof infamy"FDR referred to December 7th, 1941 as "a date which will live in infamy" and not a day of infamy.

This post was edited

Yes he said, "a date which will live in infamy" but the speech itself has always been called "Day OF Infamy speech". I remember it well. I was 14 at the time. The brother of the girl sitting behind me in home room was stationed at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. it was weeks before she found out hewas not injured. 1944 at age 17 I joined the service. March 24,1947 Iarrived at Pearl Harbor.The areawas still a mess.

This post was edited

Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions.

This post was edited

Totaling nearly three million acres, San Bernardino County, Californiais the largest county in the entire United States.

This post was edited

Kalawao County, Hawaii, is the smallest county (11.99 sq. miles) in the United States

This post was edited

In the story of the Garden of Eden in the Bible, an apple is never mentioned as the forbidden fruit.

This post was edited