Comfort Level at Nudist Gatherings

I am a member of a mixed gender nudist social group, we have done indoor skinny dipping, nude bowling and have been an entire nude audience at a dinner theater. I have asked some of my gay guy friends to come with me to these events but I get the same response from several of them..."Not if there are women present. I wouldn't be comfortable seeing a naked female."
Some of them won't attend because they say they will have an erection the entire time.
I know we can't force nudity on anyone and we all have our own comfort levels, even as nudists. I still get surprised at some reactions from my friends in the textile world.

This topic was edited
RE: Comfort Level at Nudist Gatherings

A few years ago I belonged to volleyball group clothing opp with both woman and men I though it was fun playing next to a dressed person and even tho there were were more men nude a few woman joined but all had fun

This post was edited

Nkddave pretty much hit the nail on the head - it is social nudism andas such the more variety of peopleand types the better the experience. I belong to a small club that has in the past had gay members and possibly lesbian members also. You see how much attention I pay to that aspect. My personal policy is nudism first and then learn to meet and appreciate other nudists whoever and whatever they may be as they are nudists first - hopefully.

This post was edited

I would say, comfort level comes down to what the ambient air temperature is and the amount of cushions on the seating arrangement. Also air circulation and possibly a misting system if the temperature is high. All of these can increase comfort levels for everyone.

This post was edited

For me the discomfort, apprehension or anxiousness is no different from ant new social environment. The big difference with social nudism is the sooner the gear comes off, the sooner the discomfort evaporates. For the most part, nudists are so welcoming and inclusive.

This post was edited

Society beliefs and social stigma has a great deal to do with the personal comfort level.
My wife enjoys being nude at inside with me or alone. But ask her to get nude outside pushes comfort level and she is totally uncomfortable in a social nudist locality and she will give many reasons why if asked.
Everybody is looking at me, I don't like seeing nude people especially men and their dangles, we don't go nude in our culture (even though their ancestors were altleast topless), and the list goes on.

This post was edited

Society beliefs and social stigma has a great deal to do with the personal comfort level.My wife enjoys being nude at inside with me or alone. But ask her to get nude outside pushes comfort level and she is totally uncomfortable in a social nudist locality and she will give many reasons why if asked.Everybody is looking at me, I don't like seeing nude people especially men and their dangles, we don't go nude in our culture (even though their ancestors were altleast topless), and the list goes on.My wife is just the same, and I can't see her ever changing now. Whenever we're on the beach she willsay to me, "I don't know how you can walk around like that with nothing on"

This post was edited

I am a member of a mixed gender nudist social group, we have done indoor skinny dipping, nude bowling and have been an entire nude audience at a dinner theater. I have asked some of my gay guy friends to come with me to these events but I get the same response from several of them..."Not if there are women present. I wouldn't be comfortable seeing a naked female."Some of them won't attend because they say they will have an erection the entire time. I know we can't force nudity on anyone and we all have our own comfort levels, even as nudists. I still get surprised at some reactions from my friends in the textile world.Do a lot of guys really get erections from seeing completely non-sexual nudity, though? I would think that most men wouldn't.

This post was edited

I've never felt uncomfortable on a nude beach, we are all the same after all.
But it's a lot different on a textile beach, usually full of exhibitionists...... guys in budgie smugglers and the women in micro bikinis......shocking stuff.
S

This post was edited

We're all nudists....what's the deal with a concern for groups of men and women? I'm almost always in a mixed group and have no difficulties. I have not noticed any from the others in the group. I prefer a mixed group as the conversation is usually more lively.

This post was edited