RE: Site Tips

Tip #012 Correcting a Forum quote disaster.

Even though I am careful where I put the curser, when I'm quoting someone in the forum, sometimes
when I hit submit, it throws a wobbler and it all goes crazy. If this happens to you, hit "edit" .....highlight
ALL of the text, right click and then cut. Paste it all onto Notepad and remove any code. Then, right at
the beginning of the piece you want to quote, type the word, quote and enclose it in square brackets.
[ **quote**"* (with no stars, had to do it here to make it show up, end it with a square bracket too,
for some reason it has come out as v on it's side, forget what they call it) then at the end of the quote
type the word quote again, but this time add a forward slash behind the first bracket [/**quote**"* ....
(without the stars, square bracket at the end) .....paste it all back into your post, and it should be ok.

Although it affects all the subsequent posts, you will find that if you post several "filler" posts, until
you get to a new page, the new page will not be affected.

Tip. To read it when it has all gone wrong and become too small to see, just temporarily paste it all
into a new page or message somewhere on your computer, and it will come out readable.

Phil.

This post was edited

#13 VISITS INFO.

This was an exchange in the forum that may well help someone else, so I'll paste it here.

When I attempt to edit our "Visits" section, the pulldown menu has no options and, after entering dates and confirming, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Are you trying to edit the Places I Visit section or the Upcoming Visits section? You can only add places to the Upcoming Visits section if they are already in your Places I Visit section. To add places to that section go to the locations page, find the location you are looking for, then click on the add to my locations.

Thanks for the instruction. It's working as you described.

No problem....Glad I could help

This post was edited

#14 HOW TO ADD A PICTURE TO YOUR POST.

Captain_Curmudgeon said:

Got a message from Phil asking for information on how to pictures in the postings.
Here's how: See that little tree up thereon the Message tool bar, next to the smiley? Click it and an Insert/Edit Image box pops up. It's got three tabs and lots of boxes but the only one you absolutely need to fill is "Image URL."
"Image URL" is the net address of the picture you want to appear. Now that does mean that you have to be able to get your picture on the net somewhere. If you have your own website, that's easiest. Otherwise, you may want to use something like Flickr. If you see the photo someplace on the net, you can rightclick it (with Firefox anyway) a get a little dropdown menu. Click "Copy image location" and it will put in your clipboard what you want to paste in the Inset/Edit Image "Image URL" box.
PS. You can use the Copy image location trick to post photos from your collection here on truenudist. E.G.

My reply:

Thanks a lot Captain! I'm still on win98, sohad to right click on the pic, left click on properties and copy the url from the properties box. then paste it in as you described. click insert and you may get a warning that says ........"Are you sure you want to continue without including an Image Description? Without it the image may not be accessible to some users with disabilities, or to those using a text browser, or browsing the Web with images turned off." ......click OK. If it comes up with "NOT FOUND. The requested URL was not found on this server. " click on the "BACK" button, then go up and click on groups and come back to your post that way and it should be there!

Thanks again Captain, I've been wondering how you do that for months :)

Phil.
EDIT:

If you want to post a pic from YOUR own album here, it is still possible, even though TT has effectively disabled the "right click and copy" function for other peoples pics.
To post one of YOUR own pics, you now need to go to ... "My Account" ... "Edit My" ... "pictures" ... Find the pic you want to post, click on "View Comments" (this will open it up to full size) Right click on it, then click on properties to get the url, or you can just left click on copy, and then just paste it in.
If you copy a thumbnail pic (as opposed to a full size pic) or a thumbnail's url, your post will come out as a thumbnail.

EDIT: LINKS TO ALL YOU'LL EVER NEED TO KNOW ABOUT POSTING PICS ON TN :) (Comment #07.)

This post was edited

The pictures you are trying to add cannot be on a password protected site. That is why I have not been able to add pics to my posts.
Thomas

This post was edited

#16 HOW TO ADD YOUR SINATURE TO THE FOOT OF ALL YOUR POSTS. (Please do it!)

To add a signature to your forum posts go:

"my account" ........ Edit My: ....."profile" .....then on the top right ......."forum" (DON'T HIT "CANCEL") it's next to it and ...............WE DON'T WANNA LOOSE YOU!!!!! :)

This post was edited

#17 GALLERY TIP.

If you are thinking of posting a picture in the Gallery, you should know that, at the moment there is NO delete button to enable you to remove it. Should you change your mind, you would have to e-mail a request to TT to have it removed.

Phil.

This post was edited
RE: Site Tips & F.A.Q'S

#18 I CAN'T SEE ALL OF MY FRIENDS.

(Q) ... I have 25 profiles as friends but I can only see 20. What is going on? Also I don't have a view all. Would greatly appreciate the help.

(A) ... When you go to your "My Account" there are two sections next to your pic, "view my" and "edit my", with a list of all the things you can view and edit. Among those is friends, click on view my friends and voila, you'll see them all.

From Swifthawk.

This post was edited
RE: Site Tips & F.A.Q'S

#19. TO TURN YOUR PICS UP THE RIGHT WAY.

See ....... Computer Tips.

This post was edited
RE: Site Tips & F.A.Q's

#20. TO REMOVE FRIENDS FROM FRIENDS LIST.

Tip from Jen (cuddlebutton)

To remove friends from friend's list go to Edit My: Friends (This is to the right of your profile pic)

click on the x under their name.

This will remove them.

This post was edited
RE: Site Tips & F.A.Q's

#021 TO "KIND OF" SUSPEND YOUR PROFILE.

Tip from Jen (cuddlebutton)

There is a way to kind of suspend it.
Go to Edit My: Profile: Account Information: Privacy/Profile Settings:

Click on the box that says Only allow my friends to see my profile.

Then go to Edit My: Pictures and mark each picture Only for Friends and True Nudists Only.

While this wont make your account inactive,

it will close it off to any one not already on your friends list.

This post was edited