RE: Site Tips

#22 PICTURE POSTING TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS.

Tip from Gator1.

Reiterating what Jen said about file size, I'll back that up. Each of the last two times I uploaded photos, they originally appeared as "ask me for a photo"...then I remembered that I had not reduced them. I went back to Picasa, reduced them, and like magic they were there. LOL, I'll probably forget next time, too.
Also, for you folks that need software to reduce, Google's Picasa (free download) is super easy to use, and has many other functions.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Curt44319.

For any non-M$ users, ( *nix ) XV and Kuickview can both resize easily.
XV simply drag the corner to whatever you like, then save. Done.
GIMP is not so intuitive, but can also do a resize, as well as anything a professional
image editing suite can do, and more. ( and free )
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have 4 friends that have the same picture. Why is that happening?

There is a glitch in the system, if someone does not have one of their pics set as profile pic it puts that pic up.
The solution for them is to go to set one of their pics as their profile pic.
From what I have seen it only happens when they delete the pic that was their profile pic, if no pic is loaded the just get the ask me for pic.

(answer from Thomas (txag_1975)

This post was edited

#023 THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A CERTIFIED TN AND NOT.

Quote From minxdragon So what is the difference between being a "certified True Nudist" and a regular member? what are the majority of members? I'm brand new to the site so forgive me if this has been answered before.

Being certified is a verification process that shows site admin that you are who you say you are. 2 pics: one nude, one clothed both holding a sign with your user name and the words True Nudist written on it. That proves you are who you say you are because you can't pull that off the internet. It verifies that you are a "real" person.

Jen (cuddlebutton)
thanks for that, I guess what I mean is, what is the difference between being a certified member and being a regular member - are there different privileges? are most people certified?

There are two chat rooms, one for any member and one for certified members only. There are forum threads that you can only access if you are certified. Can anyone think of anything else that I might be missing here?

But the main reason to certify is validity that you are who you say you are. When we are sent friends requests, there are three things we immediatly look for - is the profile filled out, is there more than one picture (it's easy to lift one pic from the net, more difficult to get a second pic of the same person) and are they certified. If the answer is no to all of those, then we can only assume that the profile is a fake. (Learned this from experience and while that may eliminate us from meeting one or two very nice people, we've found that it helps to eliminate many fakes, pervs, picture collectors.) If any one of those three is met, we proceed with caution and have our own verification procedure. This is just the way we do it, many others may feel differently about it. After having had horrendous experiences on other "nudist" sites, we really liked the certification aspect of this site.

Hope this helps answer your question!

This post was edited

# 024 LINKS. HOW TO ADD ONE TO YOUR POST.

Little_Miss_Linda
Undies Only

123 posts.
I clicked HERE just a minute ago. Thank you for the reminder.

Thanks Lin,

and please tell me how you made that link!

I highlighted the word that I wished to use for the link, then clicked the chain icon below the word message and added the URL to the Breast Cancer site. Simple as that.

Thanks again Lin.

EDIT:

Go here for more detailed instructions, comment #80

This post was edited

#025 TO SET YOUR PROFILE PIC.

To set your profile pic, go into "My Account", select "Edit My: Pictures", find the pic you want as your profile, click profile underneath it and it will set it as your new profile pic.

This post was edited

# 26 JERRY'S VERY OWN FAQ BLOG.

This post was edited

Bump!

This post was edited

Bump!

This post was edited

Just giving this a bump up to the top, so that the newbies can find it!

This post was edited

Just giving this a bump up to the top, so that the newbies can find it!

This post was edited

Maybe this "Quickie" will help with computer terms!

This post was edited