Why don't humans have fur?

You know, this is related to that other question "why do we body-shave?". Well I posted this on a forum thread on that topic on Nudist Chat Community the other day and I think it is relevant here in relation to fur and bodyhair. So here goes..........

You know, the reason given by many for genital shaving is "because it makes it
stand out more!" Poppycock! Complete misfire! The reason you have pubic hair is
precisely to bring attention to the genital region.

Nature has no misgivings. She is aware that the most important function in any
life-form is reproduction. Dammit, I should know!

Most of you will have had pets or farmstock. Most of them are covered in fur.
Have you ever really looked at the genital regions? In most cases they are
bald. That is because Nature wants the genitals to stand out. Therefore, being
the only parts without hair, they attract attention.

By apposite logic, because the human is largely hairfree, Nature has ensured
the genitals get the attention by putting hair there. There are subsidiary
patches of hair, for example, the male chest, to give an impression of superior
strength for mating stock. But the premise is the same.

So carry on shaving. It is a true naturist activity because it takes the
emphasis away from sex.

Goodonya!

Hugz, Will

This post was edited
RE: Why don't humans have fur?

You know, this is related to that other question "why do we body-shave?". Well I posted this on a forum thread on that topic on Nudist Chat Community the other day and I think it is relevant here in relation to fur and bodyhair. So here goes.......... You know, the reason given by many for genital shaving is "because it makes it stand out more!" Poppycock! Complete misfire! The reason you have pubic hair is precisely to bring attention to the genital region. Nature has no misgivings. She is aware that the most important function in any life-form is reproduction. Dammit, I should know! Most of you will have had pets or farmstock. Most of them are covered in fur. Have you ever really looked at the genital regions? In most cases they are bald. That is because Nature wants the genitals to stand out. Therefore, being the only parts without hair, they attract attention. By apposite logic, because the human is largely hairfree, Nature has ensured the genitals get the attention by putting hair there. There are subsidiary patches of hair, for example, the male chest, to give an impression of superior strength for mating stock. But the premise is the same. So carry on shaving. It is a true naturist activity because it takes the emphasis away from sex. Goodonya! Hugz, Will

Actually, from what I've read, the hair in the pubic area and the armpits mixes with the sweat to provide lubrication in those areas when we are in locomotion. When we were on the move a lot more than we are now, the hair probably played a much more important role than it does now.

There is also the matter of sexual pheromones produced in the pubic area, and hair would play a role in that too.

This post was edited
RE: Why Dont Humans Have Fur?

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I am glad that I don't have to hack up hairballs!

This post was edited

i have been to resorts and beaches where some men look like giant furballs, make me want to pull out some clippers and go buzzzzzzzz, i can't stand body hair and wish you could take a pill to make it go away.

This post was edited

I always loved Scientific American.
Also, see the BBC program "What's the Problem with Nudity". It discusses the fur topic late in the program.
It can be found here, for now:
https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/whats-the-problem-with-nudity/

This post was edited

i have been to resorts and beaches where some men look like giant furballs, make me want to pull out some clippers and go buzzzzzzzz, i can't stand body hair and wish you could take a pill to make it go away.
Oh, that must have been me. Sorry. I'll go to the otherend now.

This post was edited