wow

65 members! that's not bad huh?

This topic was edited
RE: wow

Sixty-five members of the group, is indeed, a great start for the group. Lets hope that this does not represent those who only wish that the laws would be changed but those who are ready to become proactive in making changes.
Initial research indicates that there is little Constitutional ground to get the laws changed. It would seem that the best we can hope for is that some of the existing anti-nudity laws not be enforced.
To accomplish this goal, it seems necessary to question whether the law truly reflects community standards. Involving the media, i.e. local newspapers, TV and radio stations by letters and comments, not by demanding nudists rights, since we really have none, but by, citing polls taken elsewhere and questioning the economic impact on the region could bring the issue to the forefront.
Simply stating your desire to have the laws changed by joining this group will not cause change! Letters to the editor and the ACLU, NAC and even the Playboy Forum may be an exercise in frustration but no action is just standing back and watching, yet, another C/O beach lost to us.
I have begun a campaign to restore a beach to its previous status of C/O.
I have encouraged TN members to read the story and comment. I also have an e-mail prepared to go out to the Brunswick County Board of Commissionersstating economic reasons why the enforcement order should be rescinded.
https://www.wwaytv3.com/no_birthday_suits_just_bathing_suits_bird_island/04/2009#comment

This post was edited

Sixty-five members of the group, is indeed, a great start for the group. Lets hope that this does not represent those who only wish that the laws would be changed but those who are ready to become proactive in making changes.
Initial research indicates that there is little Constitutional ground to get the laws changed. It would seem that the best we can hope for is that some of the existing anti-nudity laws not be enforced.
To accomplish this goal, it seems necessary to question whether the law truly reflects community standards. Involving the media, i.e. local newspapers, TV and radio stations by letters and comments, not by demanding nudists rights, since we really have none, but by, citing polls taken elsewhere and questioning the economic impact on the region could bring the issue to the forefront.
Simply stating your desire to have the laws changed by joining this group will not cause change! Letters to the editor and the ACLU, NAC and even the Playboy Forum may be an exercise in frustration but no action is just standing back and watching, yet, another C/O beach lost to us.
I have encouraged TN members to read the story and comment. I also have an e-mail prepared to go out to the Brunswick County Board of Commissionersstating economic reasons why the enforcement order should be rescinded.
https://www.wwaytv3.com/no_birthday_suits_just_bathing_suits_bird_island/04/2009#comment

we should spread the word about this group..it might help.

This post was edited

we should spread the word about this group..it might help.
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=7149is the link to my original post on the general forum. Adding a post with a note advising of this group will bump it forward. Copy and post the link to the group.

This post was edited

it should be everyone on this site that are real nudist because this is what it should really be about, coming up with ideas on how to influence others especially government leaders on how to make nudism acceptable in todays society.

This post was edited

it should be everyone on this site that are real nudist because this is what it should really be about, coming up with ideas on how to influence others especially government leaders on how to make nudism acceptable in todays society.

This is a copy of the e-mail which I sent to the Brunswick County, NC Board of Commissioners, recently.
Gentleman of the Board,
I am writing in reference to the Boards decision to enforce the anti-nudity law on Bird Island. TV3s coverage may be found here: https://www.wwaytv3.com/no_birthday_suits_just_bathing_suits_bird_island/04/2009
In an economy which is shaky, at best, I cant help but wonder if the Board considered the possible negative effect that the enforcement of the anti-nudity law on Bird Island could have on the local area.
Nude tourism has been growing year by year, slowed, now, only by the recession. Many area residents may spend their recreational dollar elsewhere, just for the opportunity to skinny dip in the ocean. Tourists from neighboring states, who may wish to include a day at a clothing optional beach in their vacation plans may skip the Grand Stand and travel instead to Florida, New Jersey, California, Hawaii or the Caribbean.
Many have participated in at one time or another and perceive skinny dipping as harmless, innocent fun. Surveys, taken elsewhere, have shown that the vast majority of the public have no objection to the establishment of clothing optional beaches in designated areas.
While it is clear that nude sunbathing or skinny dipping is not legal under NC state law, is continued enforcement on this isolated stretch of beach in the best interest of the Brunswick county and the Grand Strand?
It should be noted that should the Board see fit to rescind the enforcement order, private funding can be obtained to replacing the signage which once existed warning the Nude Bathers May be Encountered Past This Point.
Thank you for your consideration of these observations.
Yours truly,
Arthur Johnson
Deleated, SC

To date I have recieved no response!

This post was edited