RE: Cruise ships, some have clothing optional decks.

I don't see any singles in this thread. Are the nude cruises usually for couples only? And if they're for everyone, is there any attempt at gender balance among singles? Upon asking that question, it has just occurred to me that with today's emergence of gay and lesbian couples, the goal of gender balance may be taking on a whole new set of challenges. Anyhow, as a currently single, permanently straight guy, I was just wondering if I would be cruising with a boat load (pun intended) of other single guys.

This post was edited

ma_jandc are authorities here in my mind when it comes to cruises. Learned a lot from them when we were getting ready for the 2015 February Nude Cruise.
I know there were some singles. On the Bare Necessities message board for the cruise there are singles looking for splitting the cabin cost. If I recall correctly cabins are priced for 2 people. My impression on board was most were couples.

This post was edited

I don't know how much more authoritative we are with two previous nude cruises compared to your one, Rockdad! Our dozen or so textile cruises have completely different demographics to the nude ones.
The gender balance seems close to 50/50, but that is overall -- I don't know what it is among singles. The Bare Necessities bulletin board does usually have a whole thread dedicated to single cruisers for each of their mid-winter cruises (the ones on the main line big cruise ships). Of course, you can't get an account on that board until you have booked at least one cruise with BN. As Rockdad said, even though the price quoted is per person, you are expected to have at least two in a cabin. So you need to find a roommate. You can call Bare Necessities and they can help find you one, or you can go on their bulletin board and find someone looking for a roommate (again, only if you have access to the board!)

This post was edited

Bare Necessities Tour and Travel is your destination for Clothing-Optional and Nude Cruises. https://www.cruisenude.com/That sounds great! I'll have to check that out. I'm also looking at places where I can go that are textile resorts, but there's a nudist place nearby for excursions.

This post was edited

One of the members of a meetup group I belong to is going on a cruise. The ship does not have a CO sundeck because it has that North Star pod that goes higher than the deck so there would could be a chance of offending someone in the pod.

This post was edited