RE: US instead of International date system

NudeinMa, re post # 43.
My God, does that picture bring back memories! We spent many happy hours in that pool, sauna and hot tub. And the surrounding view of the mountainsides, especially off to the right of the picture. I remember speaking to one couple from Georgia in the hot tub who'd arrived that night, and telling them wait until morning to see a spectacular sight of that hill in the morning. Dear Lord, 20+ years ago now.

This post was edited

It's about 16 miles from me as the laser beam propogates, but until last October I was unaware that it still existed. Here's hoping that when the time is right, the flesh will be willing.
It is truly beautiful there. As you know, the two main camping sections are the "ghetto" in the lower field, and "heaven" in the upper. We had our trailer in the ghetto.
If you happen to engage in conversation with anyone who was a regular there in the late 80's, they may remember us. We were, as far as I know, the only Canadians there who were full time members. We had on our trailer both an American and Canadian flag flying, a fact that was commented on frequently, always in a positive vein. Regulars who knew us well included a single guy named Spencer, who has since moved on to another camp.......and couples Angelo and Lillian, and Jeff and Julie, all located in the ghetto with us. As far as I know, those couples still attend. Jack and Hazel may or may not still be there. Good times.........still young, in our late 20's and able to tolerate the 11 hour drive from New Brunswick. Where or where does the time go?

This post was edited

It's a bit childish tocavil over a mistake and ignore what I was actually saying.

Sure is, like "ignoramus" and "ignoramous".

This post was edited

The question is: Can you understand the date as written? If so who gives a big rats ass as to what system is used?

This post was edited

I was hoping this thread would never get resurrected because of some of the animosity that came out months ago. Oh well

International standards were proposed as a way to help people communicate internationally without language and cultural barriers to misunderstandings. But this was mostly for scientific endeavours. Most of us arent scientists.

And when we meet someone who doesnt speak our language, we think it will help if we SHOUT. Tourists have been known to do that.

And there are many among us (myself included) who are so used to speaking all the time that we forget to listen. REALLY listen.

This post was edited

After reading the 5 pages of this thread.... I feelcompelled to add something, Otherwise it would have been a total waste of time reading EVERY single useless post.... LOL.... heres my thought... I was in the US Military for 14 years.... and always wrote my date as 13 July 2010 (of course I used the correct date at the time... not13 July 2010 every time as that would have been silly) That said.... The US uses different standards of time and date depending on who is using it. Now.... heres the true problem.. If people started writing their dates with the day/month/year then SOMEONE would start the rumor that the military was enforcing how we write the date... and how do you think that would go over? I can read the headlines now "The US under Military rule" (all because we put the day before the month.... ) totalchaosif you ask me!!!!!!! lets just keep things the way they are...
One more thing while were on/off the topic of format... why don't me demand the last post of a thread to be listed first.... (I am only kidding.... )

This post was edited

Rudie steps up to the podium, blinks momentarily in the spotlight then picks up the glittery envelope ...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this years Golden Suppository Award for the most anal thread is ..."

Pause to open the envelope

"US instead of International date system"

Exit stage left

This post was edited

Rudie steps up to the podium, blinks momentarily in the spotlight then picks up the glittery envelope ..."Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this years Golden Suppository Award for the most anal thread is ..."Pause to open the envelope"US instead of International date system"Exit stage left
Now... that is funny.... thanks I needed that!!!!!!!

This post was edited

For 68 years I have used day month year, and hate not knowing the real shown date in dates below the twelfth of any month. As unless indicated is 4/7/**** the 4th of July or the 7th of April. I also had to used the European yyyy/xx/zz and again was never quite sure wether xx equaled the day or month.Totally confusing like why did America change the spelling so many English words, like color verses colour.
But not let's go into that.

This post was edited