Let's put a twist to the story

I was a bit surprised to the responses to the story about the guy in North Carolina who was doing nothing illegal but his neighbors keeps calling the police about him being nude in his home. So I thought I would see how people would respond if we changed the story a little.
Lets put clothes on him and a beer in his hand and move him to Arkansas where it is illegal to drink in public.
Public Intoxication and Drinking in Public:
5-71-212(a) A person commits the offense of public intoxication if he appears in a public place manifestly under the
influence of alcohol or a controlled substance to the degree and under circumstances such that he is likely to endanger himself or other persons or property, or that he unreasonably annoys persons in his vicinity. (c) A person commits the offense of drinking in public if that person consumes any alcoholic beverages in any public place, on any highway or street, or upon any passenger coach or in or upon any vehicle commonly used for the transportation of passengers, orother public place other than a place of business licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
Here's the story:
Residents in a Fort Smith, Ar neighborhood say they are fed up with a neighbor they say stands at the front door of his home drinking a beer, but police say he's not doing anything illegal.
People in the neighborhood in north Fort Smith say the man has been doing this for nearly ten years and on Friday, they called police again.
"I was out rolling the trash can on Friday and I just happened to look over there and he was standing there with a beer in his hand," neighbor Pecolia Threatt said. "It's not good to have people standing in their door drinking like that with all these kids
out here you know,"
Neighbors say the man opens his door holding a can of beer and even talks on his cell phone all in clear view of his
neighbors while holding it.They're disgusted and fed up. Harris says she's called police numerous times over the last ten years to complain, but nothing has been done.
Sound ridiculous? Remember at one time alcohol was blamed for a sorts of bad behavior and said to harm the children by some, and so made illegal in the USA. Let's hear your responses now. If he wants to drink a beer should he close his door and all the blinds to make sure no one can see him? You think maybe he has some other agenda?

This topic was edited
RE: Let's put a twist to the story

Love the twist. Reading the statute and the accompanying story really brings the absurdity of both scenarios into sharp focus.

This post was edited

An exhibitionist beer drinker? An exhibitionholic?

This post was edited

I saw this story on a conservative blog that I follow. i make no secret on the blog that I am nudist. But overall the folks on the blog were of the mind that civilization as we know is on the ledge of a clifffrom which we will all fall over if someone is nude in public. I always think " really? simple nudity neverhurt anyone , no one has been scared for life by seeing someone nude of either gender or any age."there are so many real issues we need to be concerned about and do something about before anyone worriesabout seeing a nude body.

This post was edited

In your scenario, he is still not in a public place, as he is still in his own home. It's only that he can be seen from a public place. Now if he were to take his beer and walk out to the street, then that would be another issue, but as long as he is inside his house he is not in a PUBLIC place.

This post was edited

An exhibitionist beer drinker? An exhibitionholic?Sad pathetic man.

This post was edited

IFishNeked:Love the twist. Reading the statute and the accompanying story really brings the absurdity of both scenarios into sharp focus.Thank you, that's what I was trying to do by removing the nudity factor. On several nudist forums when a nudist is doing nothing illegal nudist often say he is the one that should make compromises to make textiles happy or he was giving nudism a bad name.

This post was edited

An exhibitionist beer drinker? An exhibitionholic?Sad pathetic man.Beg your pardon?

This post was edited

An exhibitionist beer drinker? An exhibitionholic?Sad pathetic man.Beg your pardon?I was agreeing with you. And adding my thoughts.

This post was edited

An exhibitionist beer drinker? An exhibitionholic?Sad pathetic man.Beg your pardon?I was agreeing with you. And adding my thoughts.
Ah, gotcha. Sometimes the written word comes across way different than the spoken word. Glad I asked instead of making an issue!!

This post was edited

Nobody made them stare!!!
They are just sore they were not offered one.

This post was edited