When you can't be nude: split leg running shorts

Sometimes you just can't be nude. Whether it be working in the yard, or going to a textile beach, sometimes you need to wear some clothes. I can't stand what passes as men's "shorts" and "swimsuits" these days - heavy knee length pants is what they really are. Women have it better, they can wear bikinis and their shorts are actually short. Yes, men could technically wear a bikini brief style suit, but you would stand out quite noticeably. And your wife and/or friends might object.
I have started wearing split leg running shorts. I've heard this called the "Magnum P.I." look. (Although he does not wear split leg shorts, only short shorts.)

With split leg shorts you have an inner brief that keeps your wobbly bits from peeking out while the front and rear loose material gives you some socially acceptable covering. So while you might get some looks for wearing short shorts, they won't be as bad as if you were wearing a form fitting brief - and there is the wife acceptance factor. However, when seated, the loose material can be rolled or bunched up to expose more of your legs. The waistband can be scrunched down to expose more stomach & hip.
Split leg shorts get really useful when walking on the beach. If you reach a place away from others you can tuck and scrunch the loose material into the liner. If you are walking away from people, you can tuck & scrunch just the front until you get far enough away to tuck & scrunch the back, too. If you are walking towards people, you can untuck the front and leave the back scrunched up until you get very close. If you feel very brave/daring, the back can be scrunched into a thong or T-back.
Running shorts are made of light synthetic material that dries very quickly and does not get heavy when wet. There is the issue of them clinging to your form, but I (and my wife) find that tolerable.
Here's a site with a pretty good selection: www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRSHORT.html

This topic was edited
RE: When you can't be nude: split leg running shorts

Sometimes you just can't be nude. Whether it be working in the yard, or going to a textile beach, sometimes you need to wear some clothes. I can't stand what passes as men's "shorts" and "swimsuits" these days - heavy knee length pants is what they really are. Women have it better, they can wear bikinis and their shorts are actually short. Yes, men could technically wear a bikini brief style suit, but you would stand out quite noticeably. And your wife and/or friends might object.I have started wearing split leg running shorts. I've heard this called the "Magnum P.I." look. (Although he does not wear split leg shorts, only short shorts.)With split leg shorts you have an inner brief that keeps your wobbly bits from peeking out while the front and rear loose material gives you some socially acceptable covering. So while you might get some looks for wearing short shorts, they won't be as bad as if you were wearing a form fitting brief - and there is the wife acceptance factor. However, when seated, the loose material can be rolled or bunched up to expose more of your legs. The waistband can be scrunched down to expose more stomach & hip.Split leg shorts get really useful when walking on the beach. If you reach a place away from others you can tuck and scrunch the loose material into the liner. If you are walking away from people, you can tuck & scrunch just the front until you get far enough away to tuck & scrunch the back, too. If you are walking towards people, you can untuck the front and leave the back scrunched up until you get very close. If you feel very brave/daring, the back can be scrunched into a thong or T-back.Running shorts are made of light synthetic material that dries very quickly and does not get heavy when wet. There is the issue of them clinging to your form, but I (and my wife) find that tolerable.Here's a site with a pretty good selection: www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRSHORT.htmlSounds like a winner to me. Beats the stares you get from wearing sarongs.

This post was edited

Personally I like these running shorts even better. No liner and low cut.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00883WI9W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=227XJX1IVCC14&coliid=I37U6ZFOW4RTU0&psc=1

This post was edited

Those do look comfy. And there are some other styles linked from that page that look good, too. I don't think I could get away with something that brief except in places I could just as well be nude, though.

This post was edited

Have a few pair of the split leg running shorts....that I have cut the liners out of....As close to being nude as the law will allow....but wear them only when I am in control of my surroundings.....mowing the lawn..washing the car...going out on the boat.....and of course after dark.....so light...it can feel like you are nude

This post was edited

I have several pairs of split shorts.. I also suggest you guys check out these other ones.. the soffe shorts used to be military issue.. loose liner comfortable.. the other shorts are a different brand loose liner and split
https://www.amazon.com/Soffe-Mens-Running-Short-Black/dp/B003AU5W0U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1462529519&sr=8-3&keywords=soffe
https://www.amazon.com/TR623-Performance-Track-Short-Split/dp/B00F2XDBKG/ref=pd_sim_193_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41may-lrk0L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL200_SR160%2C200_&refRID=0JH43H1N6BH8CYNPG1FQ

This post was edited

How come nobody mentioned kilts? I have one and use it all
the time when hiking or at the beach. Allows me to quickly cover
when need be.

This post was edited

I wear a pair of these, black mesh, and I cut outthe built in jock strap. I wear these in the front yard, gone to get the mail, move cars around, in the day time,out front when neighbors are out and about.
I used to have a pair of nylon split leg running shorts and cut the liner out. They were called Dolphin Shorts. I'd come home from work and would slip them on to go out front and cut the grass. 90% of the time, one of our female neighbors would come over and want to talk. My wife would get pissed because she said she was trying to make a move on me. I didn't think that but ... who knows, only the neighbor! hahahaha
Later found out that they were nudists and she was trying to get a sense of whether or not we were too. It was too bad that we never made that connection with them. She was a hippy type and I liked that about her. Real free spirit.

This post was edited

Andy, I miss my Dolphin shorts. Had several pairs when I was younger. I have several pairs of Uzzi split legs. Super short and comfortable. I wear them for exactly the same reasons, mowing the front yard, moving cars around...etc. However, I find that Speedo jammers are super comfortable too. Skin tight, light weight, they almost feel like being naked. I usually soak them in the pool and put them on wet before I go out to do front yard work. They keep me cool as the water evaporates. I wear Skins A200's to the gym, which are athletic compression tights. Great for workouts, but too expensive for yard work. Cheap Speedo jammers or my Uzzi's work best for that. But nothing beats mowing my back yard naked!

This post was edited