RE: Oregon Shooting

When I read or hear that someone wants to control or ban guns.....I ask myself if they have ever been a victim of a violent crime.
and there have been many instances where an armed citizen has stopped a violent crime...but the MSM does not report it.
We do have a drug problem in the usa....and drug addicts will do ANYTHING to support their habit....except risk their lives trying to rob an armed individual...can you possibly imagine the home invasion increase if drug addicts did not fear the home owner???
Remember...when seconds count....the police are only several minutes away....

This post was edited

If one chooses NOT to own a firearm.....I will respect that......but keep in mind.....when thieves....are planning a break in of a home....even if half the homes in a neighborhood.....are NOT gun owners....they benefit for those that do....the thieves...are deterred by the fact ..that they does NOT know which break in will get them shot/killed.

This post was edited

It seems that the American founding fathers having personal experience with the leaders of England....wrote the second amendment...with clarity of thought.....we have NEVER been the subjects of the government......unlike the unfortunate brits......

This post was edited

I never see "Protection Rifles" for sale.
I do see a lot of "Assault Rifles" for sale.

This post was edited

Well...let's not play too fast & loose with the numbers because we
all must remember that there are "lies, damn lies and statistics".
1. The US may have the most mass shootings (38) but when the numbers are corrected for population; it drops significantly;
Firearms homicides number 11208 for the CDC's last web published data
(Mexico drug dealer war deaths number 12903 for the first 9 months of 2011);
3. An article on a mass shooter said he had two targets and chose the one less defended (i.e. the one with no guns);
The US does have the highest number...if you eliminate the sects from
middle east and most of the third world...and if you eliminate all the
non-public killings south of the Rio ... not to mention the current
plight of urban areas ... and again do not correct for
total population;
5. Pretty close...estimated guns 310000000...estimated people 320000000...not counting illegals of either type......
This is only minimally correct if you eliminate all the irregular /
civilian type fighting factions of the world, bombs and chemical weapons
are only as accurate as their delivery (what about biological?);
7. The Declaration's rough draft was primarily Jefferson's (he borrowed ideas from George Mason) but was edited by Franklin and several others from non-slave states...I've never fired a musket but your 10 seconds is probably pretty close.
This is a very tough position...you keep yours and I'll keep mine.

This post was edited

Well...let's not play too fast & loose with the numbers because we all must remember that there are "lies, damn lies and statistics".1. The US may have the most mass shootings (38) but when the numbers are corrected for population; it drops significantly;2. Firearms homicides number 11208 for the CDC's last web published data (Mexico drug dealer war deaths number 12903 for the first 9 months of 2011);3. An article on a mass shooter said he had two targets and chose the one less defended (i.e. the one with no guns);4. The US does have the highest number...if you eliminate the sects from middle east and most of the third world...and if you eliminate all the non-public killings south of the Rio ... not to mention the current plight of urban areas ... and again do not correct for total population;5. Pretty close...estimated guns 310000000...estimated people 320000000...not counting illegals of either type......6. This is only minimally correct if you eliminate all the irregular / civilian type fighting factions of the world, bombs and chemical weapons are only as accurate as their delivery (what about biological?);7. The Declaration's rough draft was primarily Jefferson's (he borrowed ideas from George Mason) but was edited by Franklin and several others from non-slave states...I've never fired a musket but your 10 seconds is probably pretty close.This is a very tough position...you keep yours and I'll keep mine.thank you........and consider this....tonights news stated that there are over 350 MILLION arms in private hands....compare that to the actual number of deaths by firearms......the percentage is astronomically low........just vist the CDC website and see how low the gun death numbers are compared to other forms of dying....

This post was edited

When I read or hear that someone wants to control or ban guns.....I ask myself if they have ever been a victim of a violent crime.and there have been many instances where an armed citizen has stopped a violent crime...but the MSM does not report it.We do have a drug problem in the usa....and drug addicts will do ANYTHING to support their habit....except risk their lives trying to rob an armed individual...can you possibly imagine the home invasion increase if drug addicts did not fear the home owner???Remember...when seconds count....the police are only several minutes away....The real reason for owning a gun for self defence is exposed in FEAR

With nothing to fear there is no need of a gun other than food - and how many people hunt purely to put food on the table? I would say not that many.

No the real reason for ownership is FEAR.

This post was edited

The real reason for owning a gun for self defence is exposed in FEARWith nothing to fear there is no need of a gun other than food - and how many people hunt purely to put food on the table? I would say not that many.No the real reason for ownership is FEAR.Have you ever been a victim of a violent crime??? Its easy to claim a gun owner is living in fear...but the reality is...responsible gun owners do NOT live in fear....

This post was edited

1 death involving firearms is 1 death too many. Especially when it involves kids.
No kids should have access to firearms without the presence of a licensed responsible adult.

This post was edited

1 death involving firearms is 1 death too many. Especially when it involves kids.No kids should have access to firearms without the presence of a licensed responsible adult.more children are killed in car accidents than firearms....how many are too many...and with all the texting while driving these days...where is the responsibility in that??? look at the facts.....how many children must be killed before car ownership is banned????

This post was edited