Airport Full Body Scanners

Has anyone had any problems with going through airport security
full body scanners and their piercings?

I got a PA last year and wear a 6g titanium CB. I've only
gone through the old metal detectors (without any problems) since
getting it but now my local airport has full body scanners at all
stations. I've gone through the full body scanners
pre-PA. They always ask if you have any metal in your
pockets. Do you have to declare anything?

This topic was edited
RE: Airport Full Body Scanners

I'd not worry one way or the other, if they have question they can do a strip . My right to wear my piercings.

This post was edited

I have00 gauge PA and 00 Scrotum ring. Never had a problem at any airport.

This post was edited

I've gone through many times and never had a problem. Besides, I don't care what they think. If they ask I'll happily show them.

This post was edited

I've never has any problems, and I have a lot of metal in my body. Never take them out before going through security and never been stopped. Only time I have done is once when I was working in the Scottish Parliament and I had steel toe boots on.

This post was edited

Last time I was through a Full Body Airport scanners I think I was
wearing a 4g Stainless Steel CBB and I had no problem I have been
through several other metal detectors since I changed to my 0g
including at the dam, courthouse, and jail,I have
neverhad a problem with my PA jewelry.

This post was edited

Has anyone had any problems with going through airport securityfull body scanners and their piercings?I got a PA last year and wear a 6g titanium CB. I've onlygone through the old metal detectors (without any problems) sincegetting it but now my local airport has full body scanners at allstations. I've gone through the full body scannerspre-PA. They always ask if you have any metal in yourpockets. Do you have to declare anything?I'm up to a 0GA Stainless Steel CBR PA and when I fly, I now switch out temporarily to one of my 0GA or 2GA acrylic CBRs. That keeps the piercing hole from changing size and it keeps me from being pulled aside in the check-through process. Mind you, I've never been pulled aside for a PA, but I've been pulled aside for other metal, such as coins or a belt so I just don't want the hassle. Accordingly, I switch jewelry before I leave for the airport and then switch back when I reach my destination, at my convenience.
The real pisser, IMO, is when I'm asked to remove my PA in order to attend a nudist facility. There's no real justification for it, and no one asks ladies to remove their nipple rings or breast augmentations, so I think it's just as old fashioned as a buggy whip. Silly.
I just avoid places or clubs that have such judgmental rules. I once was invited to attend a gathering of a local nudist club which had a rule banning body piercings or cockrings. The host told me to show up and force the issue. Nobody said anything, and when I left, the host asked those remaining whether they would want me as a member despite my jewelry (PA, nipple ring, ear piercing and cockring). They replied that they didn't even notice the jewelry, and wondered why I should be banned for that. He told them of their rule, and they then voted to repeal it!

This post was edited

I've been through scanners a few times while wearing a 0 gauge PA and have never been stopped. I make a point of wearing metal button fly jeans though so maybe that helps defuse the recognition

This post was edited