Social Gathering?

I've chatted with a few local guys, and on my profile for the app I have, "Home Nudist, looking to expand and meet local nudist", and I have gotten a few messages from the guys who's either want to try it, or glad to see there's others out there..
My husband is out of town for the weekend, and figured this would be a great chance to meet up and hang out. After talking to them, 3 of them said they'd like to attend the first gathering. I sent an email out, took personal time off from work, and the day comes, and not a boo... I've tried to contact them to see what's happing, and one of them said he's home sick. nothing from the others.
Guess they got cold feet?

This topic was edited
RE: Social Gathering?

It happens a lot, people say they want to and then back off when the reality is there. I just think there are a lot of cold feet online.
I used to think it was me. The thing that really pisses me off is the line about be better if we can get a group together, and then demand all sorts of conditions. I reckon you either meet fairly quickly or it will not happen.

This post was edited

I am going to try one more time down the road, and if the don't show, then I am not going to waste my time.

This post was edited

I think the no show is universal. I read somewhere that you should only expect between 25%-50% of those to actually show if there is no upfront cash involved like buying a ticket.

This post was edited

I do think that most guys that have an interest in nudist gatherings / encounters / parties or whatever are truly interested at the time they reply but as the encounter time approaches they become so self-conscience that they will not "measure up?" that they talk themselves of it. I know for me it took friends 2 years to talk me into my first all male nudist party. As I look back I think I finally went just to shut them up. That being said- once I attended a gathering, I was hooked. I now attend gatherings every chance I get. Most of us were brought up to be ashamed of our bodies and being naked. Once you understand it is about freedom and not necessarily sex guys will be more likely to at least try becoming a True Nudist.My advise is to just keep encouraging those that seem interested without belittling them for chickeniing out.

This post was edited

I've met up with a few folks from TN, and a couple have become good friends. Like others, there have been more "misses" than "hits". Still, I'd encourage you to keep trying. There are some good people on the site who are worth weeding through some of the others.

This post was edited

I've chatted with a few local guys, and on my profile for the app I have, "Home Nudist, looking to expand and meet local nudist", and I have gotten a few messages from the guys who's either want to try it, or glad to see there's others out there.. My husband is out of town for the weekend, and figured this would be a great chance to meet up and hang out. After talking to them, 3 of them said they'd like to attend the first gathering. I sent an email out, took personal time off from work, and the day comes, and not a boo... I've tried to contact them to see what's happing, and one of them said he's home sick. nothing from the others.Guess they got cold feet?Well, I wish you luck. I should try the same experiment here in my town and area. I used to have a non-landed group here with over 1500 members, and I could never meet up. I also have not had any luck meeting local friends for real world gatherings here at this site, and that's one of the reasons why I joined here.

This post was edited