Mazo Beach Closed

The WI DNR has announced that Mazo Beach will be closed as of 3/8/16. Had a feeling this was coming once the master plan was put in place. It's a great beach, and with the amount of surrounding land would make a great campground like many of the state parks. In the end, it's how to make money off public land. Glad I was able to visit over the years, guess I'll need to either look for a new place to visit. https://dnr.wi.gov/news/releases/article/?id=3881

This topic was edited
RE: Mazo Beach Closed

Never been there but always wanted to take the wife and check it
out. That is sad. Another Nude place gone forever.

This post was edited

Friends that visit there regularly said the locals policed the beach themselves. Maybe they need to change their governor.

This post was edited

That is a real shame. I visited there a few times and always found the people there to be welcoming and friendly. I drove over from the Twin Cities, (about 5 hours), to get there and noticed many other out-of-state license plates in the parking lots, too. I wonder if WI knows that they will be losing some tourist $ because of the closing.

This post was edited

I haven't been able to follow this story too well. Do you know of any good places in southern WI? I was only able to try out the beach once last summer and am pretty bummed that it isn't open....

This post was edited

I haven't been able to follow this story too well. Do you know of any good places in southern WI? I was only able to try out the beach once last summer and am pretty bummed that it isn't open....Did you try Google?

This post was edited