What is wrong with a man getting an erection in public.

Why are nudists so uptight about erections? As a woman, I don't mind... Its a male function that happens from time to time... Why are nudists so up tight about it?

This topic was edited
RE: What is wrong with a man getting an erection in public.

A male erection is something that is quite natural, and I don't know if a vast majority of nudists see anything wrong with it, as long as it is not flaunted.

This post was edited

I think most nudists that have a problem with a male erection have taken nudism to a place where it shouldnt be. What I mean is that..if there is something called a "TRUE NUDIST" then that must embrace ALL aspects of being nude, and worshiping the body. This also includes getting aroused and having an erection. IT IS A NATURAL THING! Yes it is SEXUAL but are we not sexual beings??? It is natural to get turned on by seeing a naked body...as adults we can surpress the action, but not so often can we surpress the natural response of seeing an attractive nude body. Ive seen women get hard nipples, as they talked to attractive men in 90 degree weather, so is this offensive also???? I think we as nudist need to stop the high and mighty act and learn to accept what is natural. I feel that any woman who gets offended when and if they see an erect penis should really check herself..maybe it isnt even YOU that that erection is for or about! As long as it is handled in an appropriate way an eretion is natural LEAVE IT ALONE!
GUYS ..IF YOU SUDDENLY GET AN ERECTION AND THERE ARE WOMEN AROUND TRY APOLOGIZING TO THEM... I bet they will be flattered instead of discusted.

This post was edited

You need to remember the term "there's a time and a place". It applies to all of life, not just textile or nudist. And frankly, even though I have only been attending nudist venues for a couple of years (but approximately twice a month in those two years), the ONLY erection I have witnessed in a nudist setting, outside of in private with my wife, was a single guy who was approaching other men about masturbating with him. That perv is no longer welcome. Everyone else I've been around at the three different resorts I gone to has been able to keep themselves under control.

This post was edited

It looks like your in the minority Gator. When I see the comments like "sexy" on many of the pictures here, I wonder just how we are supposed to respond to sight of a naked body. Why cant we appreciate beauty when seen in real life? Arn't the prudes being a bit two-faced in objacting to a perfectly natural phenominon? Maybe it's a bit unnerving when a guy unintentionally raises a semaphore that shows what he's thinking. As alweys, ladies are more descrete. I was going to say it all depends on how it is handled - the situation I mean. That's already been covered by other comments above.
Now after two dreadfull puns - as they say "when your in a hole, stop digging"
Olly

This post was edited

Interesting reading these newer posts....in all of my years at either beaches, clubs, parties, dinners or spas, I can only remember two males with erections, and both were non-sexual. One was a newbie at a club to which I belonged, and the other was at the beach, and it was a gentleman asleep, who obviously was dreaming.

This post was edited

Interesting reading these newer posts....in all of my years at either beaches, clubs, parties, dinners or spas, I can only remember two males with erections, and both were non-sexual. One was a newbie at a club to which I belonged, and the other was at the beach, and it was a gentleman asleep, who obviously was dreaming.
I was just thinking of posting my own person encounter with this issue when I came accross this last one. I was at a very small resort one time, I was the only one in the pool area. I was floating in the pool on a raft getting some sun. Apparently I had dozed off a bit, I was awoken by a couple of girls giggling and suddenly realized that I was erect. The girls were there visiting their grandfather and decided to go for a swim, I didn't even realize they were there. I quickly rolled off the raft I was on and nothing was said by either of the girls or their grandfather.
So obviously they understood the situation and didn't get all bent out of shape about it. It does disturb me when people automatically associate an erection with perverted sexual behavour. How they can be a "true nudist" and not accept the body as a natural and sometimes uncontrollable thing is beyond me. I have been to a three different resorts now and only experienced this one time, never seen it as an issue otherwise either. I think as long as it is a natural occurance, no touching is involved and it's not being flaunted why make a big deal out of it and require men to cover or roll over we all have them, deal with it.

This post was edited

I did hear (in another stream) of a guy who woke to find girls throwing hoops at it. I agree it is prfectly natural as long as we don't flaunt it

This post was edited

When I was young(er) I would get an erection thinking about "what's for dinner?", completely unrelated and uncontrollable. In later years, after having seen so many naked bodies, I guess I'm just desensitized to the "sexual nature" of being nude. Maybe I need counseling, but I tend to ignore someone else's natural function, unless there is leering involved.

This post was edited

It boils down what is "flaunting" and what is not? The older a man gets, the less spontaneous erections occur. I would not give a thought to a 18-30 year old with one, but 45-+. I don't know. Depends on the circumstances, I would think. But that's just me.

This post was edited
RE: .unexpected erections

i think like others as long as we doint flaunt it it should be treated as a normal , this is talked about alot and most of the time whren woman are asked about it it does not seem tobe a problem and the take not in a negative way when it happens

This post was edited