Modellers

Any railway/railroad modellers out there?

This topic was edited
RE: Modellers

I have a couple of Lionel trains I put up under the Christmas tree for the grandchildren to play with. What started a few years ago as a simple loop around the tree with a couple of houses has developed into 2 "L" shaped loops that I can run 2 trains on at the same time with sidings and a small town. Now that I'm retired I want to set up a more permanent layout that grandpa can play with. Of course I can't be nude while playing with my trains because I must wear my engineer hat.

This post was edited

Yes but an engineers hat, or over here in the uk a station masters hat, is perfctly acceptable in my eyes, nothing else just the hat!
Anyway good to hear from you & as & when you build something more substantial i'd love to see some pics.

This post was edited
RE: Modeller and railroader

I like model railroading too.

This post was edited

I do large scale modeling. I have an 0-4-2 Chloe in 3" scale almost ready to run, an 0-4-0 in 1" scale that still needs the cylinders machined, a 2 1/2" scale Shay that is about 2% complete, and a 4-4-0 North Pacific Coast cab forward that is still in the drawing stage. I am using # 12 north Pacific Coast for a guidelane against known dimentions and photographs. All are or will be live steam models.

This post was edited
Modelers

Both of us are into HO in a big way. We have a very large group here in Ottawa that gets together on a regular basis - usually every Friday night during the fall, winter & spring.
We have a steam/diesel era layout from southwestern Ontario where I grew up. Over 100 ft end to end.

This post was edited
RE: Modelers

Jaime,
Try building what the call a "Time Save" which will drive you nuts until you get used to it, and then it's a lot of fun. Google the plans.
You can guild it on a door panel, so it doesn't take up too much room.
Fred & Monique

This post was edited
RE:Modellers

Any railway/railroad modellers out there?

Here is the layout I used to have. It was in a building I have that is separate from the house. It got flooded in 2016, but not before I got my rolling stock and electrics out first. The building partially floated and so did my layout table, so the tracks stayed dry.
It had 3 loops that were interconnected with turnouts, so I could run 3 trains at one time and switch them to different tracks while doing it if I timed it right.

This post was edited

Hello! An H0/H0e fan. Saludos

This post was edited

HEY there, about time someone responded to this group.!!! I had damn near given up on it.

This post was edited

hahaha, is it that I'm new to the group? Anyway, always interested in sharing experiences!
delighted and that the thread continues. regards

This post was edited