Why do people cancel their membership here?

From another nudist site to which I also belong, "I also used to have pictures on TrueNudist but I cancelled my membership
to that site because the people on there are a bunch of stuck-up,
arrogant, egotistical snobs."

John

This topic was edited
RE: Why do people cancel their membership here?

From another nudist site to which I also belong, "I also used to have pictures on TrueNudist but I cancelled my membership to that site because the people on there are a bunch of stuck-up, arrogant, egotistical snobs."John
Well, I can kind of relay to that! There are some "know it all" persons on this forum, just look at the numer of posts they have. Almost like spaming!

This post was edited

Most good people just can't deal with all the pervs...the mods do a great job but it's an uphill battle...

This post was edited
RE: Why do people maintain their membership here?

From another nudist site to which I also belong, "I also used to have pictures on TrueNudist but I cancelled my membership to that site because the people on there are a bunch of stuck-up, arrogant, egotistical snobs." John

There are many reasons why people delete there account:

Some, as John pointed out, feel the membership is stuckup. Others leave because they don't like the fact that the simple rules, guidelines and TOS are enforced and still others because they don't feel that the rules/guidelines and TOS are enforced enough!Some are fed up with the number of fake profiles, sex-oriented groups, profiles, pictures, comments. Some leave because they feel thereisn't enough sexual material tolerated. Some leave because they're sick of the bickering and negativity on the forum, and some leave because there isn't enough fighting to suit their adversarial needs. Some leave because the chat room is well moderated, others leave because they don't feel the chat room is moderated enough. There are many reasons why people cancel their membership.

For a flip side to John's coin - check out the comments made onanother forum regarding TN:
Q: I don't know if this has been covered before but have any of you come across this website called True Nudists?
A: yeah, it's ok. A lot of perverts though.
A: Yeah, this. I deleted my account there.
A:There are some decent people on there, you just need to really screen them. AndC****** is right, hardly any females on there, and the photo comments most people leave are, let's just say, less than savory
A: Unfortunately, yes.
Mostly swingers, voyers and exibitionists.

I, personally, would rather be considered a stuck-up, arrogant snob and have the people who made the above comments be active members, than be considered a perv and have John's commenter be an active member.

The more important question, to puta positive spin on this,is why do people stay, inspite of the the things they dislike about the site?

We stay because of the many wonderful people we've met and continue to meet through TN and the many friends we've made online and IRL. We stay because this site has all of the features we're looking for - an active forum, a chat room, some active groups, a locations section. All of these areasneed some tweaking, but they're there. We stay because we haven't found another site yet that has all the features we want and hasn't been completely over run by those who confuse nudism with sexualism.We stay for the people who understand the word respect - even when we disagree with each other. I learn as much from those I've disagreed with as I do with people I agree with.It's great to hear a differing viewpoint at times without it turning into a "my way or the highway" attitude.Great fun to haveintelligent, adult discourse. But we do continue to look for and check out other sites - there may be a nudist siteutopian just on the horizon.

Why does everyone else stay?

Jen

This post was edited

Not many people on here are true nudists! I have not met a single person , or even talked to anyone on here. I think this site is just a way to put nude pics on the web. I am a real sincere nudist, and yes I have pics on, but Geez, I just want to meet nudist friends near me! Prove me wrong, but no one here is sincere about connecting to others.

This post was edited

Well, I can kind of relay to that! There are some "know it all" persons on this forum, just look at the numer of posts they have. Almost like spaming!

LOL! You'll find that those with the highest post counts have been on the site a long time, some since it's beginnings. Those with the higher post counts are active, participating members who post frequently to the forums and to the groups they belong to. Be thankful for those who post frequently - there is no FAQ on the site - except for those created by the "active" posters.

Aquanaturist, you've only been a member for 7 months - let's see where your post count is if you're still a member in a year, 2 years, etc. While you don't post often on the forum, I know you're fairly active in the groups you belong to - you'll be surprised at how quickly your post count adds up. And then, you too may be considered a "know it all", receive a supernudist cape and even a secret decoder ring!

Jen

This post was edited

Not many people on here are true nudists! I have not met a single person , or even talked to anyone on here. I think this site is just a way to put nude pics on the web. I am a real sincere nudist, and yes I have pics on, but Geez, I just want to meet nudist friends near me! Prove me wrong, but no one here is sincere about connecting to others.

Monkey, we've had the honor of making many nudist friends on this site and have had the opportunity to meet well over30 members in person and many more than that if and when the opportunity rises we will gladly meet with open arms. It takes time and active participation to get to know someone well enough "online" to actually meet in person, regardless of the site you're on.

Jen
(Cheri - did you catch that? )

This post was edited

LOL! You'll find that those with the highest post counts have been on the site a long time, some since it's beginnings. Those with the higher post counts are active, participating members who post frequently to the forums and to the groups they belong to. Be thankful for those who post frequently - there is no FAQ on the site - except for those created by the "active" posters.

Aquanaturist, you've only been a member for 7 months - let's see where your post count is if you're still a member in a year, 2 years, etc. While you don't post often on the forum, I know you're fairly active in the groups you belong to - you'll be surprised at how quickly your post count adds up. And then, you too may be considered a "know it all", receive a supernudist cape and even a secret decoder ring!

Jen
You are perfectly right!! I was kind of thinking of those who lectures everyone, and therefore has a high number of posts! And if you don't roll over right away, they keep hammering on til you get sick! I'm kind of surpriced of the lack of tolerance to other peoples point of wiew here on TN forum. (and I'm not talking about sexual stuf! I'm all for moderators)

This post was edited

It has the potential to be a good site. Many stay because there are not many alternatives. I used to be on Skinbook but the site owner closed it because of all the abuse he got, which was sad. That was a case of a few spoiling it for the many. This site runs the same risk. Personally I am fed up with the rude and offensive attacks that a few, and one in particular, constantly make. It's all very well moaning about all the 'pervs' etc but the bigotry and and continual rude and provocative attacks by a certain individual contaminating every post just turn me off. This is supposed to be a friendly site for people with a shared interest, not a personal soapbox for a few. You asked why we stay. Because we hope it will get better, but I fear that it won't whilst certain people remain uncentured.

This post was edited

Jen

How many posts till I get my secret decoder ring and do I have to drink Ovaltine?

This post was edited

Overt sexuality of the site. Harrasment. Shock that certain members of a certain elite group on the site are not what they would have you believe. Three reasons I have heard.

This post was edited