RE: Canadian nudist in court

At first I shook my head at the brazen tactic chosen by this man. Her could ruin any chance of acceptance for us fellow nudists. But then, wasn't it outward brazen acts like two men kissing in public that brought about acceptance of same-sex marriages in Canada? Sure, not everyone "accepts" them as legitimate couples, BUT the law does!

Here is to hoping that the law will soon accept me as well.

This post was edited

Well said, Princedale.
I have heard that line and read it in so many places..."why would we want to see some old guy shaking his willy?" Nobody suggests you do! But they don't seem to consider the followthrough of that train of thought. "Why would we want to see that burn victim at the beach?" "Why would that fat lady be allowed to sunbathe?" "Why would that kid with the cleft pallet even try to make friends?" It's sick that they can't see the fallacy of their own logic. Apparently, anything they deem to be icky should be banned with extreme prejudice! The whole point seems to be that seeing something ugly or surprising or even shocking is somehow terrible. Actually, it is what real life has in store for us all. Why would we want to protect ourselves from those things that make life interesting and give us something worthwhile to discuss? Homogenize the masses and no one will ever have anything with which to complain. Sigh...what a boring world that would be.

This post was edited

Anyone have any updates to this story?

This post was edited

From what I remember it was postponed untill September, but I may be wrong.

This post was edited

A nudist who runs a clothing optional resort has run into legal trouble for being naked outside of his site, especially in a coffee shop. Can't really tell from the media reports if he is just pushing the envelope or is it for gratification. Anyway, if he wins I think it's a good day for Canadian nudists.https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/866600--naturist-fights-for-right-to-be-nakedhttps://www.vancouversun.com/news/accused+making+naked+trips+Hortons+challenge+nudity+laws/5048171/story.htmlhttps://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/04/ontario-man-fights-canadas-nudity-laws
This was a subject raised at the AANRWC AGM last weekend. My own opinion is he was in to it over his head to even think about going through fast food places nude. I do nude only where folks are ok with nude, I'm do not do anything that remotely resembles exibitionisim simple - it is against the law in Canada and most other places in the world it will get you listed as a sex offender. Good as it gets. Brian Coldin is obviously not a flasher or a pervert however if his actions were legalized what about the next carload of nude idiots who can then flash as they party on throught the food pickup? I will not be a supporting AANR member of his case.

This post was edited

I just posted a comment under the article in the Toronto Sun (bottom one of your 3 links) - just waiting for moderator approval. I couldn't believe how hostile all the other comments were towards the guy. It was probably a silly thing to do - pushing the envelope, as you say. But at the end of the day, he was just naked, for goodness sake! Yet those who posted comments make him out to be a sick exhibitionist whose sole intention is to wave his willy in front of children! Nowhere in the story does it even hint at that possibility! So much for the imaginative Canadian mind!Toronto Sun is not much better than the Edmonton Sun. If the Court rules in his favour, I can't wait to read the comments in the Edmonton Sun! Should make for interesting reading on a COLD January Day! The Court has to mull over a VERY large report by a professional and that is why it has been postponed till Jan 2012

This post was edited

From what I remember it was postponed untill September, but I may be wrong.Postponed until January 2012. Court has to mull over a Large Report by a Professional.

This post was edited

"Public nudity trial decision set for January in Bracebridge
The final ruling in local resort owner Brian Coldins public nudity trial has been set for January 2012 in Bracebridge. Judge J.J. Douglas spoke to the matter briefly Sept. 28 in a Barrie court. Judge Douglas has set the ruling for Jan. 12 in Bracebridge, allowing the court enough time to filter through copious amounts of documentation and the arguments. Coldins case has garnered national attention. He was charged with public nudity after police say he appeared naked at several places in the vicinity of High Falls Resort, as well as at the drive-thrus of Tim Hortons and A&W in Bracebridge. Coldin is being defended by noted lawyer and Order of Canada recipient Clayton Ruby and fellow defence lawyer Nader Hasan. The team is arguing that the nudity laws under which Coldin is charged are overly broad and unconstitutional. Crown attorney Zachary Green is arguing the laws on nudity were drafted by Parliament in an effort to allow people to be in public places without the fear of being confronted by others in the nude. During trial proceedings in July, Green argued that Coldins excursions to local fast-food restaurants left witnesses shocked and upset. Green also argued Coldin can practise naturism at his 30-acre resort, but added there was no legal excuse to do so off his property. Coldin could face up to six months in jail if convicted."
The above was reported in CottageCountryNow.ca
https://www.cottagecountrynow.ca/news/article/1219962--public-nudity-trial-decision-set-for-january-in-bracebridge

This post was edited