What's a "Bump"?

I'm really naive and based on context, I haven't been be able to figure out what people mean by the comment "Bump".
I know it's probably something silly, and I feel kinda stupid having to ask this, but somebody help me out here.

This topic was edited
RE: What's a

A Bump is to bump a topic back to the top of the list...A thread can get buried and someone can bump it back up to get more responses...sort of like ads on craigslist..once they get buried, you get no more responses. Not a dumb question!!! If you have no response to the topic, but would like to revive it...you, "Bump" it to the top of the list!

This post was edited

Welcome to TN, a great site with lots of friendly and helpful people.
As threads on the main page are forced down by the posting of new threads some important ones are no longer visible. Going to one of those threads and entering the word bump then mores it back to the top of the main page. This is a useful method but should be used with discretion and only for important threads.

This post was edited
RE: What's a "Bump"

OK, I get it now. Thanks for the illumination.

This post was edited
RE: What's a Bump!

Here's a more detailed explanation, with pics! :)

https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=13281&page=1

This post was edited
RE: What's a Bump!

This is a bump-

This post was edited

Thanks Raven for explaining. Even though I have been a part of TN for 3 yrs now, still had no clue. Much appreciated. David

This post was edited