getting your friend requests ignored

Is there any reason why so many friend requests are just totally ignored without even a no thanks. I know that not every one wants new friends but I always thought common curtisy was a nice attrubute to life.

This topic was edited
RE: getting your friend requests ignored

Personally, we always ignore "blind" friend requests. We always appreciate it when it is accompanied by a note or message.
Jen

This post was edited

We have our criteria for friends posted on our profile. If someone wants to be our friend they should include a note of why they think that we'd be a good match. When we get a blind Friends Request, with or without a note, we check the person's profile. If is blank, blocked or if there is nothing to indicate that they meet our requirements, we deny the request. In these cases we don't feel a need to explain why we denied their request.

This post was edited

i find it really odd that a lot on here say i wont accept you as a friend if your not tn certified ( i am not tn certified because of my job) and yet i was always under the impression true nudists look beyond pictures and find beauty with inn the character they are talking to obviously thou they will never know if they never ask anyone without a picture to be their friend .

This post was edited

I accept friend requests from anyone I have chatted with or received a polite introductory note from (something other than "please be my friend"). However, those are the exception rather than the rule. On rare occasions I will accept a blind friend request if their profile is detailed and something in it makes me think we have something in common and in that case I will write back and start a conversation about this common interest. I really don't understand the point of collecting hundreds of "friends" that you never have any contact with and don't have anything in common with.
I'm always puzzled when I receive a blind request from someone who has a blank or private profile yet has dozens or even hundreds of friends. Why do they get accepted?

This post was edited

When i get a "blind" friend request from someone i do not know, it gets what it deserves....ignored and deleted.

If you want to "friend" me, at least say "hi" and i might think about it....good grief.

This post was edited

Friends to many is what the site promotes to get to the top of the ladder and be noticed. This is like the blue light special at wally world. the ladder goes no where. So many never actually communicate, never hear from again, and most cannot read a file to find out same interests or why some folks are actually here. Friends in the space of things should be the same as folks face to face. Respect to many seems to have been lost thru the web - sad but true.

This post was edited

The whole "friends" concept really bugs me. Everyday there are freinds requests from people I don't know. Hmm. why would they want to be my friends? Did they read something interesting in my profile? Sadly not, if they bothered to read my profile they would have found out that I expect you to say hello (message, email, chat) BEFORE asking to be friended. So, that means either they didn't read my profile or cared to say hello or talk to me; so tell me, why do they want to be my friend?

This post was edited

Personally, we always ignore "blind" friend requests. We always appreciate it when it is accompanied by a note or message.Jen

same or me I have to admit, so many requests come from people who have not even attatched a mssg or said hi.

This post was edited

I agree in principle, but in the real world people do not have to justify why they don't want you as a friend or why they choose to defriend you on social networking sites.
If you don't suit somebody's criteria of what they are looking for in a friend, don't send them friend requests. More often than not they will state on their profiles the types of people they want for company.
If they don't want you as a friend for whatever reason, that's their prerogative. Move on and look for somebody else who is more compatible with your needs.

This post was edited

Quote from my profile
"I would like to meet, male or female's ofsimilarage in Australia or New Zealand, SIMULAR as in between 18 and 35, If you are not between 18 and 35, please don't bother adding me as a friend, as I will not accept it.
If you want to make contact with me, please message me with something thoughtful, not just Hey how are ya, let me know something about you, ask me some questions, etc."
However just in the last couple of days I have had a 30 year old from England send me a friend request, sure he matches my criteria in age, but defiantly not location, he had not messaged me prior to sending the friend request. So I obviouslydeniedhis request...
The next day I had another friend request from him, again Denied....
Today when logging on I had a 3rd Request from him, so I sent him this....
Get the hint... Im not adding you as a bloody friendYou have requested to be my friend 3 times, and 3 times denyied, if you had of read my profile you will see why... 1. You dont fit into who Im happy to add as a friend (someone under 35 in AUSTRALIA) and 2. As you fit outside of the under 35 in Australia, you didnt message me to say hi first...
Add me again and I will be blocking you, If you want to add me as a friend, say hi or something, then if I feel like it I will add you.
Will beinterestingif he tries to add me again...

This post was edited