AANR convention at Turtle Lake Resort this July, Michigan

Some questions:
I plan on attending, at least 1 day. however, my wife is totally non-supportive of my nudist endeavors.
So, frankly, I don't intend on telling her I'm going.
So -- some questions:
Is this horrible? Wrong? Would you just not go? Would the nudist community look down on me for such subterfuge?
Anyone else on here planning on attending?
I have had enough to discussions with her over the years to know for sure this is a dead issue.
Thanks,

This topic was edited
RE: AANR convention at Turtle Lake Resort this July, Michigan

AANR convention is at Lake Como in FL in August. You might be thinking about the Midwest Region of AANR.

Are you an AANR member? You are open to losing your marriage if she finds out. I've seen it happen. Why would you keep your destination a secret. Leave a copy of the reluctant partner brochure where she'll see it without revealing your intensions.

This post was edited

AANR convention is at Lake Como in FL in August. You might be thinking about the Midwest Region of AANR.Are you an AANR member? You are open to losing your marriage if she finds out. I've seen it happen. Why would you keep your destination a secret. Leave a copy of the reluctant partner brochure where she'll see it without revealing your intensions.a.) hmm.. not worth it, i reckon.
b.) "reluctant partner brochure"? good idea. thanks.

This post was edited

My ex wife was totally uninterested in attending or participating even privately. However, since I had an interest and inclination, I always told her my intentions. Afterall, I was not there to do anything wrong or hurt our marriage. I played volleyball every summer etc. If you don't tell her then it's clear there is something you are covering up (or not!) so she'll have a right to be very upset if she were to find out. Be forthright, tell her she needn't go but you don't intend to quit entirely. Give her the info on what's happening. Tell her why you want to go and tell her she can stay nearby if she likes and you'll come out of the club to do something with her one morning and one evening. Otherwise, yes, it would be wrong to just play games and not tell her at all.

This post was edited

My wife and I are going to the midwest convention at turtle lake this year.
I am a nudist and my wife is not but she still loves turtle lake and actually got nude and in the pool for the first time on our last visit.
Maybe you could talk her into going for a visit sometime before the convention.
I am sure if she spent a weekend there she would open up to it a little.
I would not go and not tell her, she is really going to wonder how you got a all over tan while you was gone for the day lol
Nudism is great but not at the risk of messing up your relationship.
Feel free to add me as a friend or send me a message on here if you want to.
I would be more than happy to help in any way I can with getting your wife to be comfortable with nudism.
I think she would have a unbelievably great time if she goes to the convention, never know she may be a nudist by the time it's done.
The most important thing is honesty with your wife, if you really want to go let her know that. Make sure she is fully aware that it is in no way sexual. Many people have a real hard time separating nudity and sex.

This post was edited

Some questions:I plan on attending, at least 1 day. however, my wife is totally non-supportive of my nudist endeavors.So, frankly, I don't intend on telling her I'm going.So -- some questions:Is this horrible? Wrong? Would you just not go? Would the nudist community look down on me for such subterfuge?Anyone else on here planning on attending?I have had enough to discussions with her over the years to know for sure this is a dead issue.Thanks,Keeping something like your interest in naturism a secret from your wife is not a good idea. You will feel guilty like you are hiding something wrong, when it's really is not wrong. It shows there is probably other areas of lack of trust in your marriage.
Now that I am done playing Dr. Phil, once you tell your wife, she doesn't have to participate, just let her know you're interest in naturism. Who knows, after a while she may try it.

This post was edited