How saying God Damn is not a sin and saying Jesus Loves You is

Nothing about nudists in this topic, but using the Lords name in vain is not saying Jesus H. Christ or God Damn. Most of the time if we say these things we are being very trueful in our emotions. Using slang language on top of truthful feeling no one is deceived by what you are saying the meaning is crystal clear. Contrast this with the so called street evangelist who uses Jesus as an excuse to judge and hate people. Who not only tells you that you are going to hell (which is a lie), but will say God Bless You as you leave. This is using God's name in vain, using Gods name to lie or for hate.
When I am naked it is the truth, it is what it is, you can enjoy the image of my body or be repelled. You can feel nothing or anywhere in between. Contrast this with clothes, clothes separate us, our clothes speak to our financial riches or for seduction in a good or bad way.
I am not opposed to clothes I am wearing them right now, but it is a blessing at home or outdoors to enjoy the liberty I have as a Christian to be naked and honest just as it is with our words

This topic was edited
RE: How saying God Damn is not a sin and saying Jesus Loves You is

One of the things I hear people say when they talk of using God's name in vain, they see it solely as God Damn or Jesus H. Christ as profanity or usually in frustration. Now at work when people say Jesus Christ I usually just say in response, no, just one of his disciples.
I think the real taking Gods name in vain is those that evoke Gods name or blessing, but are insincere. Saying things like
God would have you now or singing a song the is so repetitious, misrepresenting the will of God for our will, trying to decieve by giving authorship to God.
The real problem I see is that so many of us are so conditioned to think that saying God Damn is bad that we do not think of the true meaning and go on profaning God as a result.
The fact is saying Jesus Loves you when in fact you are pointing that you think that person is not going to heaven and wallowing in the knowledge that you are going to heaven is a grevious sin.
So before we level complaints of others for the splinter in their eye, let us take the log out of our own.
I think this train of thought works on the nudist level as well.
We are not superior to our clothed christian breatherin, just different in apperance.

This post was edited
RE: How saying God Damn is not a sin and saying Jesus Loves You is

Saying God Damn can be taking the Lord's name in vain, but taking the Lords nme in vain is about misrespresention of Gods will.
For example a popular heresy is to tell people that God wants you to give 10% of your gross income to what ever local church you are in.
This IS taking Gods name in vain. The fact that people teach that saying God damn or Jesus H. Christ is taking Gods name in vain is a misrepresentation of what scriputure says.

This post was edited
RE: How saying God Damn is not a sin

It never fails to amaze me how much people screw up simple bible passages due to cultural changes... we don't "take" names anymore, but it used to be rather popular.. to "take the name" is to swear, literally, an oath. If you "Swear to God" you'll do something, and don't do it, you've broken that commandment.
nothing else falls under that commandment least of all phrases said for emphasis or anger.
Jesus suggested we stop swearing oaths entirely since it's sort of presumptuous.. God has better things to do than enforce your promises, and you should be held to what you say whether you swear it or not...

This post was edited
RE: ....

You should be slow to judge, but to NEVER judge is just foolishness. The bible warns against those who call good evil and evil good. Judgment is how you tell the difference. I mean "judge" and "discriminate" just means.. noticing the facts and stating them the way they are.
The warning "judge not or you'll be judged" is good advice to be taken literally.. Judge, but only when you're in the right.. Jesus said to remove the plank from your own eye before handling the speck in your neighbor's, but that doesn't mean ignore the speck completely. We should endeavor to become decent judges of character, and until we are, keep quiet.. :)

This post was edited