Starting a non-landed club in western mass.

Hey Fellow Nudists,
I want to inform you that my feelings towards nudism and the rare locations for such activities have drove me to believe that if this is something I want to do I need to just start my own non-landed club. I did the research and spoke to someone from the AANR and with a $100 application fee I can start my own club and have it on the AANR's website.
Something to consider, although I am not an agist I would feel more comfortable with people around my age. That being said I will open this up to anyone male or female over 18. The reason I put "over 18" is because I do not want to house an liability since this club will be run by myself and a friend and we do not have the money for insurance or "board members" to regulate specific requirements.
So with all that blah blah blah, who would like to join? Male or Female 18 and over, preferably live in western mass and are a nudist already, want more information on becoming a nudists, want to experience the revitalizing feeling of being "free" in the buff, or just like hanging with friends no matter the attire.
To put a very clear warning here, ABSOLUTELY NO SEXUAL ACTIVITIES WILL BE CONDUCTED, the person who is found to try and start such activities will be asked to leave immediately.
Lastly, since this is a "non-landed" group there is no specific location, however, my roommate and I are more than happy to share our home as well as go into the outdoors as a group or another members home.
Thanks for your time in reading this and I look forward to hearing from you.

This topic was edited
RE: Starting a non-landed club in western mass.

thank you very much I appreciate your support. and I hope you inform people that you may know over in western mass about it. I have yet to get a response but I only created the post 3 hours ago lol I'm a bit impatient.

This post was edited

Boredude,
Good luck in your efforts. We need all the opportunities we can find for participating in social nudist activities. This is a lot of work for the organizer but if you find good people to help spread the work load, it'll be well worth the effort. Keep us posted.
Cheri Donna mentioned the $5.00 activity fee that they charge. This is important because it is unbelievable how fast the costs go up in just putting on a small event. If you start losing money you'll soon lose interest to keep it going. Also everyone hates freeloaders so this will keep them in check.

This post was edited

thanks for the input guys!

This post was edited

You might get more people from your geographical area interested if they could read your profile. Since your profile is blocked to those you have not friended some might think it's a bit sketchy.

This post was edited

This was the first in 17 years that we upped our dues. It had been $65 for that long but expenses have increased as have our club amenities.
You might also contact Bill Falconer, founder of Sunchasers, dropping Cheri Alexander/Travelites a the referral. They do have singles among the membership.
I spoke with Bill. You must return the information requested and meet BEFORE you're invited to an event just like Travelites does.
Cheri

This post was edited

thanks again Cheri for the information but even after I meet with him I think it be better to start my own, younger fresher look, I can make a better website and maybe contribute a bit more the naturalist lifestyle in todays "modern" world.

This post was edited

It would help if you were a little more tactful and diplomatic.

This post was edited

It would help if you were a little more tactful and diplomatic.Soupie, what do you mean?

This post was edited

thanks again Cheri for the information but even after I meet with him I think it be better to start my own, younger fresher look, I can make a better website and maybe contribute a bit more the naturalist lifestyle in todays "modern" world.I think you mean naturist rather than naturalist - you're not the first to make that faux pas and probably won't be the last.
Why not offer to help Sunchasers with web update or "freshen"? someone offered a few years back to re-design Travelite's webpage, change the logo, etc. Updating the website was agreeable but changing the logo was not.

This post was edited

Hey Fellow Nudists,I want to inform you that my feelings towards nudism and the rare locations for such activities have drove me to believe that if this is something I want to do I need to just start my own non-landed club. I did the research and spoke to someone from the AANR and with a $100 application fee I can start my own club and have it on the AANR's website.Something to consider, although I am not an agist I would feel more comfortable with people around my age. That being said I will open this up to anyone male or female over 18. The reason I put "over 18" is because I do not want to house an liability since this club will be run by myself and a friend and we do not have the money for insurance or "board members" to regulate specific requirements.So with all that blah blah blah, who would like to join? Male or Female 18 and over, preferably live in western mass and are a nudist already, want more information on becoming a nudists, want to experience the revitalizing feeling of being "free" in the buff, or just like hanging with friends no matter the attire.To put a very clear warning here, ABSOLUTELY NO SEXUAL ACTIVITIES WILL BE CONDUCTED, the person who is found to try and start such activities will be asked to leave immediately.Lastly, since this is a "non-landed" group there is no specific location, however, my roommate and I are more than happy to share our home as well as go into the outdoors as a group or another members home.Thanks for your time in reading this and I look forward to hearing from you.One thing I would like to add is that you will need to have some kind of activities to keep your club viable. AANR requires a minimum of 10 AANR memberships through your club to keep your AANR charter. Of course you can have your own club without the AANR designation, but that means you can't use AANR services or list your activities on their media sites.
You will also have lots of competition to the east and west of you from established active non landed clubs. To the west of you is Northern Exposure Sun Club in Albany, NY who have indoor nude swims twice a month (from October to April). To your east, you have the aforementioned Sunchasers of central Massachusetts who have their annual nude bowling event that draws 80+ people and have other events through out the year including Bershire Vista which is in your area.
Not trying to discourage you, just showing you what you have to compete against.

This post was edited