Why has Christianity survived through so much

When Scientists, historians and those to physcologically take apart the bible, falsify so much that happened, leave us with all the bad bits that make our god seem angry jealous and spiteful. leave us with basically nothing but a hope for heaven.
Why do you think christianity is still so strong?
Is it because we need it to be social?
or to be good people?
I have wavered in my beliefs coming from a godless county in the UK, Christianity isn't big over here, many will laugh and judge you for being religous.
I often have people ask me, do you actually believe in Angels and the garden of eden and that we all came from two people.
I do believe in evolution which makes me think that there are parts in the bible written by man and so it is wrong... but how much has been altered and changed and how much could be right and which parts are wrong?
If I believe in evolution which is considered fact and even the pope has admitted it to be so. then to me garden of eden was never real either.
If god made us knowing we would evolve then how much more did he plan for us making my time on Earth almost pointless...
Sometimes I wonder if we have got it right... I wish I could surround myself with like minded people.
So muh so I think I may try raise a fund to travel to america, travel along the coasts visiting nudist beaches resorts and christian nudists, go to their church and get spirituality from all over a christian nation. What do you think?

This topic was edited
RE: Why has Christianity survived through so much

When Scientists, historians and those to physcologically take apart the bible, falsify so much that happened, leave us with all the bad bits that make our god seem angry jealous and spiteful. leave us with basically nothing but a hope for heaven.Why do you think christianity is still so strong?Is it because we need it to be social?or to be good people?I have wavered in my beliefs coming from a godless county in the UK, Christianity isn't big over here, many will laugh and judge you for being religous.I often have people ask me, do you actually believe in Angels and the garden of eden and that we all came from two people.I do believe in evolution which makes me think that there are parts in the bible written by man and so it is wrong... but how much has been altered and changed and how much could be right and which parts are wrong?If I believe in evolution which is considered fact and even the pope has admitted it to be so. then to me garden of eden was never real either.If god made us knowing we would evolve then how much more did he plan for us making my time on Earth almost pointless...Sometimes I wonder if we have got it right... I wish I could surround myself with like minded people.So muh so I think I may try raise a fund to travel to america, travel along the coasts visiting nudist beaches resorts and christian nudists, go to their church and get spirituality from all over a christian nation. What do you think? I believe in God the Creator. We can not create or destroy anything. Even the most powerful nuclear detonation does not destroy the atoms, just changes them. At the time of the Big Bang there was nothing. Then God said " Let me create the universe." Quatrillions of hydrogen atoms were created in an instant. One thought of my God created everything with a single thought. In Genesis God created the Heavens and earth in 6 days. What is one day of God. A million years, a billion? The Bible is not so God will be good, it is to show us how to live in the most wonderful and abundant way possible. Love of God and love for our fellow man creates peace in our lives. I am not looking up Scripture now but it says that Faith in God and faith Christ Jesus will lead us to our eternal home. I believe we are here now to show God if we are basically good or evil. We all sin and fall short but by doing our best every day leads to peace. Love is the greatest Commandment.

This post was edited

Congratulations nytehawk on a wonderful post. Well thought out. It's a keeper...LOL I would only add that the lies don't stop with the THEORY of evolution. Christianity is under attach on many different fronts. To answer bluebikers initial question.
Christianity survives because men of good faith and conscious strive to understand and stand strongly rooted in truth. Those of the scientific community believe they have enough evidence to render belief 'unnecessary'. This, in and of itself, is not proof of anything.
Let me just add...neither theologians, nor scientists, nor atheists can prove the existence or non-existence of God. If we could He would cease to be God. He is not some physical, temporal object subject to our methodologies. We as Christians can offer some very compelling, rational, logical arguments supporting the probability of God's existence. But that does not explain why Christianity survives. I would simply direct your attention to this verse...
Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Nothing has the power to stand against God as long as just one of us remains faithful.

This post was edited

Christianity has survived so much. That is a miracle in God's world.

This post was edited