Looking for a gay friendly tattoo studio on the northside of chicago

Looking for a gay friendly tattoo studio on the northside of chicago, I'm looking to get my tats darkened, if anyone can help
please let me know. Thanks

This topic was edited
Tattoo shops

Why does the shop have to be gay friendly? Just asking. Just ask around. Most tattoo artists who have been in the business for awhile have seen it all done it all and heard it all. I have my tats done by a biker couple in SW Iowa. They have done them for years and could have cared less if I was gay, straight, or a Martian. Its all about art with tattooists, not about who you are. Find a good one and stick with them and they will do anything you ask.

This post was edited
RE: Tattoo shops

Why does the shop have to be gay friendly? Just asking. Just ask around. Most tattoo artists who have been in the business for awhile have seen it all done it all and heard it all. I have my tats done by a biker couple in SW Iowa. They have done them for years and could have cared less if I was gay, straight, or a Martian. Its all about art with tattooists, not about who you are. Find a good one and stick with them and they will do anything you ask.

Amen to that iaboykurt. My tattoo artist never ever asked about my sexual preference. He and I just clicked on the tattoo design and he's already on the planning stage for my next tattoo.

This post was edited
RE: Looking for a gay friendly tattoo studio on the northside of chicago

I'm from Logan Square, Chicago but have been away too long so I can't help.
This is an interesting post. The gentleman wants a gay friendly tattoo parlor. My assumption is he is gay and he wants to support other gay businesses.
Most minorities, immigrant groups, gays, etc try to support each other. As a matter of fact the only group of people I know who do not support their fellow businesses that much is nudists. I have read on so many forums "oh I would never go to a nudist resort. They are rip offs because they charge you to go nude. We only go to free beaches, blah, blah, blah." Or I would never join AANR or TNS cause they're too expensive, yet these people will spend $5000-$10000 to go to a non nudist owned place in Mexico or the Caribbean to go naked.
Now many nudists do support nudist businesses. But lots do not.
This gentleman should be commended for supporting gay business, just like nudists should start supporting nudist businesses and AANR and TNS. Caliente and Paradise went to swingers because they couldn't get nudists to stay at them. Now I just read on the nudiarist blog, Seminole Nudist resort is also going swinger due to low nudist support.
Now some nudist businesses do not deserve our support as they are run down or way overpriced. But, there are lots of nice places like our resort Terra Cotta Inn, Cypress Cove, Laguana, etc that do deserve more support from nudists.
So be like this gentleman, support nudist owned business. Stop taking vacations at non nudist owned places.
The major reason there aren't more nudist businesses in the US is there's not enough support.
Mary Clare

This post was edited

I said some nudist businesses do not deserve our support if they are run down or over priced. I am NOT over generalizing. I hear all the time that AANR and TNS cost too much from people that spend $7500 or more for a week in Mexico or the Caribbean at non nudist owned naked places. And these same people with straight faces ask why aren't there more nudist places in the US.
I belong to TANR the Trade Assoc for nude recreation. ALL nudist owners say the same thing, how do we get American nudists to support American owned nudist businesses. The same is true of Canadian businesses.
It's tough. I say 90% of our business is non AANR and TNS and yet we have the 2nd highest occupancy rate of ALL hotels in Palm Springs.
If you want more nudist venues in the US and Canada, you have to support nudist resorts. IF you want more free beaches, you have to support AANR and TNS. Nudists have to start supporting nudists more especailly in this economy.

This post was edited

AANR doesn't do squat to protect nude beaches. Nude beaches don't generate revenue for AANR, so they ignore them. I would even go so far to speculate that AANR would love to see nude beaches shut down, to force more business to the resorts.That so much of the business is not coming from AANR or TNS, then it's time to change the business model. TNS has always been pretty small, and a lot of nudists are turning away from AANR.

AANR sponsors the Beach Clean-ups at Assateague, MD side twice a year; the Rooster Rock cleanup plus several others. The next Assateague cleanup is on april 16th.

This post was edited

Supporting gay businesses is one perspective. Getting close to another guys junk could also be an issue. I found a gay guy but he left town for San Francisco. I wanted a tat so close to my nuts that, I wanted someone who has been that close to another guys crotch. It was a comfort level thing. Trust that the artist wasnt in a rush and did his best because he didnt care about being so close to a guys junk.

This post was edited

i would just do some research and find a tattoo parlor in boystown, even if it's a bit of a trip if the point is to either support a gay business or go somewhere where you can feel comfortable asking for a "gay" tattoo then g.o to the gay part of town. If you want even more confidence on it look for the rainbow flag outside the building whether you go to boystown or somewhere closer to you.
I agree with youngbimale. The tattoo artist I go to is in the gay village of Toronto, however that is not the reason I chose him. He was recommended and is also on a published top 10 list. He himself is not gay and sexuality has no bearing on my choosing him, as I mentioned, or him doing work on any client.

This post was edited

This is non-sense on so many levels. The OP posted this over 5 years ago and has never posted anything since. This has little or nothing to do with nudism. The guy is asking the whole world about a section of one city. Some people have inserted things about TNS and AANR that have nothing to do with tattoos. People have revived it without realizing that most of it is ancient history. This thread is a jumbled mass that needs to be dropped.

This post was edited

This is non-sense on so many levels. The OP posted this over 5 years ago and has never posted anything since. This has little or nothing to do with nudism. The guy is asking the whole world about a section of one city. Some people have inserted things about TNS and AANR that have nothing to do with tattoos. People have revived it without realizing that most of it is ancient history. This thread is a jumbled mass that needs to be dropped.Ditto

This post was edited