Why not get certified?

I was wondering why so many people on here don't make the effort to get certified. It seems like the best thing we can do to keep fakes off of this site. At least there is then a lot more trust in knowing that the stranger we have befriended is a legitimate person and has an interest in the nudist lifestyle.

This topic was edited
RE: Why not get certified?

It does make you wonder why. It's not like it's hard to do or anything.

This post was edited

I used to be certified a while back ^^ didn't even have to make photos, I just talked with an admin on the chat room and voil :) But I had to turn on my webcam. It's been a few years, in-between I left the site, whatever, now I'm back but I have a desktop PC instead of a laptop. No webcam :o
So anyway no cellphone either, that ends up making me own NO camera!! It makes stuff more complicated in order to get certified! But I'll get around to it someday because it would be even better to be able to have people not think I'm a fake :)

This post was edited

I got myself certified after been on here 3 months. Since then a lot more members have chatted with me.

This post was edited

I agree, being Certified is a good way to show we are real. Many members don't even have profile photos or any realinformation about themselves. That always makes me suspicious. But they may not be fakes. They may just be very shy. Getting citified does involve sending out a naked photo of the member. They may not want anyone to see them naked.
I think that is a pity. I come on this site to see, meet and exchange ideas with other nudists. If I want to see others naked it is only fair that they should see me naked.

This post was edited

I am a certified and paid member as I believe in either you are serious about it or don't bother. It has surprised me just how often the excuse has been that a person cannot have nude photos on the site. I understand that they do not want nude photos on the site, but have they not read?? Being certified does not require you to have nude photos on the site. The two photos supplied for certification are not published unless the member themself chooses to publish them. Personally I do not think that would be a good idea. So is it they have not read the process or are fakes looking for an excuse?

This post was edited

I'm cautious about adding non-certified members as friends, especially when their profile has not been filled out. Getting certified is painless. Everyone should do it if they are legitimate.

This post was edited

1) I am certified.2) It is easy and hardly takes any time3) Should be required on this site to ensure the safety of those who use the site while eliminating the sexual predators, under age people and so on.

This post was edited

Yes, why not?Certification is easy, and should be mandatory.

This post was edited

If there was such a thing, I would be double certified. I sent in my certification pictures shortly after I joined and the site owner certified me before coming into chat. While in chat he was checking cams and anyone who had cam on got certified. He checked mine and told me he was going to certify me but I already was. It is too bad that cam option is no longer available because you didn't even have to be nude on cam. He doesn't have time to come into chat anymore due to growth. When I joined there were only about 700 members here.

This post was edited

I'm sorry to go against the spirit of this thread but, whilst being certified myself, I must point out that it is not the panacea that all of you think it to be. I will ask just one question, well two really. Who and how is your identity certified? The answers, of course, are yourself and by providing photographs with a card showing your membership name on it. In other words you are self-certifying and can take any photograph or name from other sources Thus your identity cannot be positively confirmed. As many of you have said, it is so easy and therefore so open to abuse.

This post was edited