Mainly for Bengalees.

er modhye ek din ek jon er songe chat kortey kortey kheyal korlam...je bangla te "nude" ba "naked" er joto gulo proti-shobdo achhey tar ek ek ta te amra beshi sochhondo.
jemon - nangta, langta, nangto, langto, ulongo, bibostro, udom, nogno (aro kichhu thakley add kortey paro)
ei eto gulo shobder modhye kono ekta bishesh pochhondo'r hoy.
jemon ami "nangta" shobdo ta byabohar kori, keu hoyeto kono bangla shobdo r bodoley engriji te Nude ba naked boltey comfortable feel korbey...
baki ra motamot janao...would be interesting to reflect on your own preference on words...and the reason behind it.

This topic was edited
RE: Mainly for Bengalees.

I am more comfortable with the English words naked and nude; but that is due to the fact that I have always studied in English medium schools and then studied English for my grad, post grad and thesis and also have been away from Kolkata for a decade.

This post was edited

Interestingly, a similar discussion in the group - A nudist's diary has more responses which are amazing!!
Many words were unknown to many, and the way people refelct and interpret their personal preference on words is simple brilliant.

This post was edited

ami langto ba langta bola basi pocchondo kori

This post was edited

Ami nyangto ba nude: ei dutote beshi abhyasta. Nyangto kathata chhotobela theke kathya bhashay shikhe esechhi, ar nude-ta bodhhay nudism kendrik sampratik alochana sab ingrejite hay bale, ar Banglay balate abhyasbashatah je badho-badho bhab (jama-kapar parar sanskar tyage prathamik jaratar samatulya), ja pratham theke gare uthechhe; kintu jeta bideshi bhashay balle thake na; tar janya.

This post was edited

not merely that @ sonaachand. i believe most of us from our conscious or sub-conscious mind have attached certain socio-political values to our nudism. lyangto, nyangto lyangtaa, nyangtaa sound too rustic for that. nogno, ulongo might sound far more cultured, but don't carry those socio-political connotations. conscious, conscientious, nudism is different from a child's nudity or simply stripping one off her/ his clothes. a sense of agency, certain aspects of spiritual liberation, some sense of socio-political protest and lot many things are associated with nudism - and they are still missing from any of the Bengali words. i personally am more comfortable with the term 'nude' while discussing things. but when i'm alone lyangto comes most naturally.

This post was edited

Good points @Anis

This post was edited

Good point. Edike 'A Nudists' Diary' group-e naked vs. nude-er kichhu interesting (though not very strict) difference of implication beriye esechhe. 'Nude' halo a state of being or offering, radiant and independent. 'Naked' halo a made or turned thing, with sense of obligation and vulnerability. Kintu ashcharja halo, sab bhashar sab shabdai etake bastrer 'abhab' bojhay. 'Bastra'? Ki bastra? Kiser bastra? Kena Bastra? Kake bale bastra? Ja swabhabik takei samajer bhasha abhab ba aswabhabikata bale dhare nichchhe, ja aswabhabik, takei bhabchhe swabhabik.

This post was edited

exactly etai ami ekhuni likhlam..."clothed" is natural and "Unclothed" is unnatural.
jemon we are more accustomed with the word Unmindful than mindful.

This post was edited

choto belar kichu nagno smriti vable amar nyanto shabdo ta besi mone ase...tobe ekhon langto shabdo ta besi valo lage...nude kathatar theke naked katha ta besi valo lage...

This post was edited

What's in a name? Whatever name one may call, it always means freedom.Aaj Babughat e asa kichu naga( aar ekti nam) sannyasi ke dekhe khub hingse hochhilo- oder jodi samaj mene nite pare, anya nangto ther o keno pare na?Esechi Langta, chole jabo langta, keu to sange jabe na.................................

This post was edited