RE: Hippie Hollow - Updates

I hear the lake is still low, I am planning on going there April 18. I have talked to some other people that will probably be going then, so come on down if you can and will be a chance to meet some friends from here.
Thomas

This post was edited
Hippie Hollow

I cut the bottom of my foot on the rocks my first time at HH. Luckily I had some alcohol pads in my car and some bandages. I was there on a weekday, so there was about 10 or 15 people out. Everyone pretty much kept to themselves. It was nice, and I'll be going back when the water and weather are warm. Maybe spend a week there in Austin. Anyone know any good places to stay?

This post was edited
RE: Hippie Hollow

I will be going to Hippie Hollow next Saturday. There are a couple of other people that said they were going too. Hope you can join us.
Thomas

This post was edited

We had a great time at HH despite the rain we had. We basicially had place to ourselves so had plenty of choices of places to be. It is nice being able to meet people in person that you had only talked to online preiously. The lake is still low but at least the boat ramps near by are usable again.

This post was edited

Glad you had a good time!

This post was edited

I have been to HH twice in past week, going on successive Saturdays. I met some friends from here both times and really had a great time. The lake is low now, so it is a bit of a walk down over the rocks to the water. Here is a pic of the area taken from Radio Rock near the handicap ramp.

This post was edited
Hippie Hollow Lake Travis July 11

I will be going back to HH on July 11. I would love to see others from here that day. If you are going, please add it to upcoming visits on HH location here. I will be at my usual spot near handicap ramp.

This post was edited
RE: Hippie Hollow Lake Travis July 11

There was a nice group from here at the lake, it turned out that we did get included in the setting of skinni dip record. The crowd was smaller than usual there, either because the push for the record was to have people at resorts or because some of the local news stations had mentioned the event and some stayed away because they did not want to be seen on TV. There wrere 104 participants with a lot more that did not want to be listed on the log sheet that was required.
Thomas

This post was edited
RE: Hippie Hollow Lake Travis

No, 'fraid not. The 'beach' is only open from sun up to sun down, and so camping isn't allowed there. Not really any place to do that there, anyway. Too cliffy and rocky... but a great place to go to anyway. I loved it there!! Hopefully I'll go back sometime this year, hopefully with people from the DFW area to save on gas and the entrance fees and stuff...

This post was edited
RE: Hippie Hollow Lake Travis

Is camping allowed at Hippie Hollow?No, 'fraid not. The 'beach' is only open from sun up to sun down, and so camping isn't allowed there. Not really any place to do that there, anyway. Too cliffy and rocky... but a great place to go to anyway. I loved it there!! Hopefully I'll go back sometime this year, hopefully with people from the DFW area to save on gas and the entrance fees and stuff...
Darn it. There goes nude camping ... lol
I like to stay for a few days at places like this. I prefer not to drive back and forth.
I hope this place is vast enough for a freehike.

Thank you for the info. Appreciate it.

This post was edited