All have sinned

Romans 3:23 says, "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,..." What does that mean to you?

This topic was edited
RE: All have sinned

No matter how strong the draw weight on the bow, and no matter how well I aim, I will never, ever hit the bullseye of the target of God's moral excellence.

This post was edited

To use the archery metaphor. I think I can hit the bullseye, just not every time. I need to adjust my aim (repent) and re-aim for the center (holiness). "Be ye holy as I am Holy." Scary stuff, but as it is a command, it must be possible, or at least a goal.

This post was edited

If all have sinned, then I am a sinner. Furthermore, if all have sinned, then everyone I know is a sinner. None of us can be good enough for God. We all, using the archery metaphor, miss the bull's eye.
So now, if all of us are sinners, what do we do with Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"?

This post was edited

Romans 3:23 says, "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,..." What does that mean to you?
To me it means we had a perfect world with no disease, death or sin till The Fall. After that the evils of the world were released and the Earth has evolved into what we have today.

This post was edited